(Vote for 2)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Councilmember for six years
- Retired Army Colonel
- Former Naval Air Station employee
- Masters Degree in Public Administration
- Long time Alameda resident (over 30 years)
- Preserve residential neighborhoods
- Decrease traffic congestion
- Improve public transit service
- Occupation: Alameda City Councilwoman
- Graduate, Cornell University, Major in Physics
- City of Alameda Representative to the League of California Cities
- Board Member, Alameda County Lead Poisoning Prevention Commission
- President, Northside Neighborhood Association
- Chair, First City of Alameda Housing Element Committee
- Planning before development to enable creative urban design in our island community
- Preservation of the livibility of existing neighborhoods
- Continuing the successful conversion of the former Naval Air Station
- Occupation: Educational Consultant
- Third Generation Alamedan
- Widow of John Doherty, Alameda's Citizen of the Year 1994
- BA Degree - University of California at Berkeley
- MA Degree - San Francisco State University
- Taught at Washington, Encinal and Alameda Adult School - 13 years
- Associate Director of Adult Basic Education Programs, City College of San Francisco, 8 years
- A more responsive city government that listens to the concerns of everyone
- Comprehensive planning for new developments that includes housing or business and the necessary transit and attention to traffic
- Improved retail along Webster and Park Streets, on South Shore, and our neighborhood shopping areas
- Occupation: Businessman
- Commercial Risk Manager
- Licensed CA Insurance Broker
- Little League President
- Husband, Father, Homeowner
- Founding Member of CLASS
- Past Board Member Harbor Bay H.O. Assoc.
Allan D. Shore
- To bring business to Alameda while maintaining our unique character
- To make prudent business and planning decisions on the Council
- To put a businessman and familyman on the Council
- Occupation: Community Resource Professional
- Nonprofit Fundraiser
- Public Transit Committee
- Alameda Police Advisory Board
- President, Alameda Demo Club
- Co-Founder, Out On The Island
- Alameda Point Collaborative Comm. Center
Susan Maureen McCormack
- To implement the ideas and visions already agreed up.
- To keep affordability of housing, transportation and business paramount.
- To help the City achieve the best with its cultural and ethnic diversity.
- Occupation: Business Owner/Innkeeper
- Chair Mayor's Sesquicentennial Committee
- Owner/Webster House Bed & Breakfast Inn & Restaurant
- I support Measure A - Save History/Prevent Density
- Affordable Housing along with quality education system
- Base Redevelopment along with Transportation System for City of Alameda
(This candidate has been invited to participate in Smart Voter but had not responded as of this date.)
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis|
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.