(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
David Matthew Krashna
- Occupation: Superior Court Commissioner for Alameda County
- Graduated from UC Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law, 1974.
- Student Body President, University of Notre Dame, South Bend, Indiana.
- Practicing attorney for 17 years, Court Commissioner for the past 8 years overseeing traffic, criminal and civil cases.
- A "Judicial Standout" - Alameda County attorneys named Krashna a "Judicial Standout."
- Trains judges in California and at the National Judicial College and coaches young people with the YMCA and the Police Activities League.
- Endorsed by Congresswoman Barbara Lee, Sheriff Charles Plummer, Mayor Jerry Brown, State Senator Don Perata, and numerous superior court judges.
Mark A Kliszewski
- To promote judicial outreach in the community that courts serve, such as in schools and senior citizen centers.
- Initiate a rehabilitative program for entry level offenders.
- Provide leadership during court unification.
- Occupation: Superior Court Commissioner
- Juvenile Court Commissioner for ten years
- Lecturer and teacher on Juvenile Law
- Boy Scout Service to Youth Award Winner
- Santa Clara & Cal-Hastings Law Grad
- Football, basketball & baseball coach
- Named City Volunteer of the Year
- Make courts more user-friendly by reaching out to communities
- Help reform everyone's jury duty requirement
- Encourage change in the cost and speed of getting heard in court.
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis
- Candidates' Forum
Friday, October 20, 8 PM
City Hall, Oakland, Hearing Room 1
Sponsored by the Leagues of Women Voters of Oakland and Piedmont
Voters are invited to attend, submit questions for the candidates
Broadcast live on KTOP, Cable Channel 10; rebroadcast before the November election. Click here for KTOP schedule: http://oaklandnet.com/community/ktop2.html
The Oakland Tribune
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.