(Vote for 2)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Occupation: retired teacher
- 33 years experience teaching in the district
- 1997 Ed Fund Teacher Excellence Award
- Supervisor of intern teachers, Cal State Hayward
- Read Aloud volunteer, Cesar Chavez School
- Math and science conference coordinator
- Political science degree, UC-Berkeley
George A Harris, III
- Have a competent, well-trained, caring teacher in every classroom
- Have a supportive administration at every school
- Make sure every school is safe and well maintained
- Occupation: Attorney
- Graduate of WCCUSD schools
- Parent of a pre-school aged child
- Board Member, Contra Costa College Foundation
- President (on leave), National Association for the Advancement of Colored People -- El Cerrito Branch
- Board Member, National Institute for Arts & Disabilities
- Member, Easter Hill United Methodist Church
- Accountable and Respected Teachers, Administrators and Staff
- Safety, Security and Stability in our Schools
- Increased Innovation, Improved Technology and a Commitment to World Class Resources
- Occupation: Software Engineer
- BA UC Berkeley, Computer Science
- Graduate Education Courses, SFSU
- Member of the School Board for four years
- Former full-time high-school math teacher
Ronald C. Bolden, Sr.
John P. Cruger-Hansen
- Recriut, reward and retain teachers.
- Improve student achievement, increase attendance, ensure safety.
- Eliminate the state debt.
- Occupation: Public Works Division Manager
- Member of the WCCUSD Citizens Advisory Commission on School Facilities
- Received 1999 "People Who Make a Difference" award by Contra Costa Board of Supervisors and the County Substance Abuse Advisory Board
- Youth Educator Program Trainer at El Cerrito High School
- Jr. Achievement Volunteer
Martin S. Gottlieb
Kathy Hennig, C.P.M.
- Further encourage community involvement and support in the schools by businesses and families
- Improve the quality of board meetings, have board become more efficient, bring stability to meetings and get district business done in a timely manner
- Improve communications with district staff and parents/guardians
- Occupation: College Purchasing Manager
- Uniquely experienced in business and education
- Masters Degree in Public Administration, emphasis in State and Local Government
- Independent, can-do person
- "Putting more tax dollars back into education"
- Improving test scores and graduation rates
- Improving school facilities and safety
- Supporting school district staff and teachers
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official. Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- District Web site
- List of Candidates Forums
News and Analysis
- Cable rebroadcast of live forum
- Channel 26 (for Richmond,Berkeley/El Cerrito/West CCC System)
7:30 p.m. Oct. 26
Contra Costa County Times
El Cerrito Wire
San Francisco Chronicle
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.