(Vote for 3)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Dennis Michael Waespi
- Occupation: Sanitation Supervisor
- Born and raised in Castro Valley.
- Head of the East Bay Regional Park District Sanitation Department.
- Lieutenant, East Bay Regional Park District Fire Department.
- Member, California Water Environment Association and the California Onsite Wastewater Association.
- Member, Keep Castro Valley Beautiful Committee.
- Member, Alameda County Parks, Recreation, and Historical Commission.
Meyer S. Elkaim
- Reinstate the Free Fall Trash Pickup Program.
- I will continue the District-wide Garage Sale, Tire Amnesty Day, Free Appliance Recycling, and the Sewer Lateral Replacement Program.
- I will encourage elementary school recycling education programs.
- Occupation: Incumbent
- BS Civil Engineering, UC Berkeley/ MBA in Finance
- 39 yrs experience in Water Ressources & Project Management
- Member, Board of Directors, AC Waste Mgmt Authority, CV Rotary Club
- Member, Calif Assoc of Sanitation Agencies (CASA)
- 26 yrs Castro Valley resident
- Fully supports Danny Akagi and Dennis Waespi for CVSD board
Daniel M. "Danny" Akagi
- I will bring back the yearly trash pickup and initiate regular garbage pickup in down-town area
- Continue free appliance pickup, free tire day , lateral grants, community and school outreach
- Protect CV interests against LAVWMA pipeline encochments
- Occupation: Sanitary Engineer
- Current Board President
- Fund manager, City of Berkeley Clean Stormwater Program, $1.9 million annual budget
- BS, MS Civil/Sanitary Engineering, UC Berkeley
- 18 years professional sanitary engineering experience
- Board member for 5 years
- I support Meyer Elkaim and Dennis Waespi
Arthur L. "Art" Vargas
- Aggressively negotiate garbage, recycling, and green waste contracts
- Continue providing responsible sewer service for one of the lowest fees in California
- Continue to explore innovative, sensible methods to improve services and minimize costs
- Occupation: Retired Businessperson
- Retired news photographer reporter
- Former member of CVSD board 25 years
- District representative in formation of East Bay Dischargers Authority and Alameda County Waste Management Authority.
- Past president Caifornia Association of Sanitation Agencies.
Michael Lee Brady
- Top priorities include providing the highest qulaity of services, based on cost effective agreements with the lowest possible rate to the homeowner.
- Maintain proactive community outreach programs, including school recycling programs.
- Continue to respond to the desires and needs of our community.
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official. Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Registrar of Voters
News and Analysis
Contra Costa County Times
The Daily Review
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.