- Party: Republican
- Occupation: California Attorney General
- U.S. House of Representatives, 1978-1988
- University of Notre Dame, 1968
- J.D., Georgetown Law Center, 1971
Top Priorities if Elected|
- PUBLIC SAFETY: THE FIRST DUTY OF GOVERNMENT -- If government does nothing else, it should at least protect us from crime. As Attorney General, working with local law enforcement, Dan Lungren has helped lead California to its lowest level of crime in 30 years. As Governor, he'll continue fighting for tough laws, judges and effective prevention until every Californian lives in a safe community.
- EXCELLENCE IN EDUCATION -- As Governor, Dan Lungren will bring to the state's faltering public education system the same focus he brought to fighting crime. He will fight for top-to-bottom reform with authority returned to local educators, teachers and parents. Statewide performance standards and traditional, proven curriculum and teaching methods must be restored in our public schools K through 12. Our community colleges, which provide the best dollar-for-dollar educational product in America, must be given the ability to provide a skilled, educated workforce. In short, Dan Lungren will not rest until every parent in California can once again be assured that his or her child's education comes first.
- GROWING BUSINESS,GOOD JOBS -- California is booming again. As Governor, Dan Lungren's pro-business, pro-growth agenda will mean restraining government's fiscal appetite, cutting back choking regulations on business and passing laws that enable the technological industries of the economy of the future to succeed.
- California Peace Officers Association
- California State Sheriffs Association
- Governor George Deukmejian