(Vote for 2)
A Message from the League of Women Voters: All candidates running in the November 3 elections throughout L.A. County are invited to post their campaign information on Smart Voter. An email with instructions on how to post has been sent to those candidates for whom we have email addresses; some of these messages, we know, have been trapped in spam filters. Candidates in areas where the League has active volunteers will receive phone calls or additional emails asking them to participate. Any L.A. County candidate who does not receive an invitation should send an email to email@example.com.
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Governing Board Member
- Occupation: Small Businessman/Parent
- Former 2 Term Torrance City Councilman
- Past Chairman Torrance Chamber of Commerce
- I Kid in Torrance Schools & 3 Have Graduated from Torrance Schools
- Torrance High Graduate
- Life Long Torrance Resident
Terry L. Ragins
- Keep the School Bond Projects on Time and On Schedule
- Keep The School Board Accessible to the Public We Serve
- Continue to Suppoort and Promote a Safe Learning Environment for All of Our Kids
- Occupation: Governing Board Member, Torrance Unified School District
- Occupational Therapist, BS and MS in OT
- Resident of Torrance 28 years
- Married to Dr. Mark, psychiatrist, 33 years
- Two sons, Kyle 28 yrs old, Matthew 27 yrs old
- Both sons educated in Torrance public schools
- 23 years, 15,000 hours of volunteering In TUSD AND PTA
G. Rick "Rick" Marshall
- Keep up with the frenetic pace of rapid changes occurring in education today
- Ensure eficient allocation of improved funding and effectiveness of programs
- Watchdog expenditures of School Bond funds, improving school facilities
- Occupation: Chief Financial Officer
- Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration
- Member, City of Torrance Water Commission
- Curriculum Advisory Board, Harbor College
- Judge, LAUSD Academic Decathlon
- Judge, United States Academic Decathlon
- Host Family, Japanese & Chinese Exchange Students
Clint Andrew Paulson
- REFORM: Lax child safety and hiring protocols
- RECOVER: $109 Million from District Construction Manager
- REJECT: Common Core, Allow Parents to Opt Out
- Increase Resources for Students and Teachers
- Upgrade Facilities - Increase Student Safety
- Responsible Financial Stewardship - No Illegal Contracts
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Arts for L.A.'s|
Fall 2015 Arts & Culture Candidate Survey
LWV Candidate Forum
- Torrance USD Responses
- Torrance Unified School District
- Wednesday, October 14, 2015
- Time: 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Place: Toyota USA Automobile Museum, 19600 Van Ness Ave., Torrance
- Conducted by: League of Women Voters of Torrance Area
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.