(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Edmund G. "Jerry" Brown
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Governor of California 2011- present
- California Attorney General 2007-2011
- Mayor of Oakland 1998-2006
- Governor of California 1975-1983
- California Secretary of State 1971-75
- Los Angeles Community Colleges Board of Trustees 1969-1971
- We have a balanced budget for the first time in a decade and I intend to keep it that way.
- After years of school cuts, this year billions of dollars in new funds are going to our kids. I intend to keep schools as my number one focus.
- California has created a million jobs since the recession and I intend to keep the momentum going.
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Businessman
- Managing Director of Global Equities, PIMCO in Newport Beach, CA
- Assistant Secretary, U.S. Department of the Treasury in Washington, DC
- Vice President, Goldman Sachs in San Francisco, CA
- MBA, The Wharton School at The University of Pennsylvania
- Engineer, TRW in Redondo Beach, CA
- Bachelor's & Master's Degree in Engineering, University of Illinois
- Cancelling the Crazy Train and redirecting funds to build water storage
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Campaign Finance Data
- As the state's chief executive officer, oversees most state departments and agencies, and appoints judges.
- Proposes new laws, approves or vetoes legislation, and submits the annual state budget to the Legislature.
- Mobilizes and directs state resources during emergencies.
Secretary of State
News and Analysis
KQED News Election Watch
- Election Guide
- Click on "Governor" to see a summary, overview of what each candidate would do if elected, the "inside scoop" about the race by correspondent John Myers, and links to other KQED coverage.
- Coverage of this race
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.