(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Diane L. Harkey
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Taxpayer Advocate/Assemblywoman
- 30 yrs. Banking and Finance
- Graduate UC Irvine, Economics, Cum Laude
- Vice-Chair Appropriations & Rev & Tax, 3 years
- Led the oppostition to High Speed Rail, exposing faulty planning
- Co-authored Rainy Day Fund legislation
- Worked to delay and/or remediate job-killing effects of Cap and Trade
- Create a leaner, more efficient and more effective state government.
- Remove confusing and overreaching regulations that limit the free market economy.
- Enact a tax system that encourages growth, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Board OF Equalization Auditor
- Master of Public Administration, University of Southern California USC
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Accounting Jordan University
- 14 years Working @ Board of Equalization - Riverside
- Part time Accounting Instructor at San Bernardino Valley College
- Part time Instructor National University
- Licensed Realtor
- Lower Sales Tax and Increase Tax incentives to bring business to CA
- Uphold Proposition 13
- Using new and innovation technology to provide cost effective, efficent services
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
State Board of Equalization
Candidate Forums, Debates or Interviews
Serves on the Board of Equalization, California's elected tax
commission, a body that:
- Oversees the administration of over two dozen tax and fee
programs including sales and use, cigarette and tobacco,
alcohol and fuels tax.
- Serves as the appellate body for California income and
franchise tax cases.
- Oversees the administration of property tax statewide.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.