(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Kamala D. Harris
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Attorney General of California
- District Attorney, City & County of San Francisco (2003-2011)
- Fighting Transnational Gangs
- Fighting for California Homeowners
- Fighting Human Trafficking
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Retired State Prosecutor
- Former California Deputy Attorney General
- Graduate of UCLA
- Graduate of Loyola University School of Law
- Instructor - Glendale College of Law
- Ventura County Board of Supervisors Commendation for Public Service
- Establish a dedicated section within the Attorney General's office fighting white collar crime and governmental corruption
- Expand the Public Welfare section within the Attorney General's office to include criminal prosecution of elder abuse
- Restore the Consumer Protection section within the Attorney General's office to safeguard Californians from dishonest consumer predators
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Campaign Finance Data
- As the state's chief law officer, ensures that state laws are enforced and investigates fraudulent or illegal
- Heads the Department of Justice, which provides state government legal services and represents the state in
civil and criminal court cases.
- Oversees law enforcement agencies, including county district attorneys and sheriffs.
Secretary of State
News and Analysis
KQED News Election Watch
- Election Guide
- Click on "Attorney General" to see a summary, overview of what each candidate would do if elected, the "inside scoop" about the race by correspondent John Myers, and links to other KQED coverage.
- Coverage of this race
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.