(Vote Yes or No for Each)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Adrienne M. Grover
76.9% Yes votes ......
23.1% No votes
74.2% Yes votes ......
25.8% No votes
- Occupation: Justice, California State Court of Appeal; District 6
- Justice, California State Court of Appeal; District 6, 1989-present
- Judge of the Superior Court and Municipal Court 1983-1989
- B.A. UCLA; J.D. Loyola Law School, Los Angeles; M.P.A and Ph.D in Public Administration, University of Southern California
- Jurist of the Year, Judicial Council of California 2005
- St. Francis High School Board of Directors 2007-2013
Franklin D. Elia
- To serve the public by deciding appeals fairly, impartially, and diligently, and by treating all people who appear in court with dignity and respect.
- To serve the public by deciding appeals based on the law, the Constitution of the United States, the California Constitution, and the facts.
- To participate in legal education, court outreach programs, and community events to educate students and the public about our courts.
75.1% Yes votes ......
24.9% No votes
- Occupation: Associate Justice, Court of Appeal (1988 - Present)
- Judge, Superior Court, Santa Clara County (1986 - 1988)
- Judge, Municipal Court, Santa Clara County (1983 - 1986)
- Senior Assistant City Attorney, City of Palo Alto (1980 - 1983)
- Deputy Attorney General, State of California, Criminal Div. (1975 - 1980)
- Juris Doctorate Degree, Santa Clara University Law School (1975)
Eugene Milton Premo
- Maintain the utmost fairness, impartiality, and adherence to due process in dealing with all litigants.
- Faithfully follow the laws and the Constitution of the United States and the State of California.
- Treat all persons appearing in court with courtesy, dignity, and respect.
73.5% Yes votes ......
26.5% No votes
72.0% Yes votes ......
28.0% No votes
- Occupation: Associate Justice, Court of Appeal (2012-2014)
- County Counsel, Acting County Counsel and Assistant County Counsel, Santa Clara County (2008-2012)
- General Counsel and Assistant General Counsel, San Francisco Unified School District (2006-2008)
- Deputy City Attorney, San Francisco City Attorney's Office (2004-2006)
- Deputy County Counsel, San Mateo County (2002-2004; 1998-2000)
- Associate Attorney at Private Law Firms (Cooley Godward 1996-1998; Remcho, Johansen & Purcell 2000-2002)
- B.A., Stanford University 1989; MPP, Harvard University 1991; J.D., UC Berkeley 1996
- To uphold my sworn oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of California.
- To decide each case objectively and fairly and to treat each party equally and with dignity and respect.
- To work hard, be prepared, listen attentively to all litigants (rich or poor, powerful or weak), and render impartial decisions in a timely manner.
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
California Courts of Appeal
Informed Voter Project
- This California Election
- Find more information about the justices and the issues: objective information on evaluation of judicial candidates to allow voters to make informed choices in selecting members of the third branch of government.
News and Analysis
- Profiles of Justices
- Like Wikipedia, anyone may edit information on this monitored site. See who appointed each justice and other information about each.
San Jose Mercury News
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.