(Vote Yes or No for Each)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Mark B. Simons
77.9% Yes votes ......
22.1% No votes
- Occupation: Associate Justice
- Associate Justice, California State Court of Appeal, First District, Division Five, since 2001
- Presiding Judge of the Contra Costa Superior Court, 1999-2000; Trial Judge of the Conta Costa Municipal and Superior Courts, 1980-2000
- Deputy Public Defender, County of Contra Costa, 1973-1980
- Private law practice, 1971-1973
- Graduate of the University of Chicago Law School, J.D., and the University of Michigan, B.A.
Terence L. "Terry" Bruiniers
- To decide cases fairly and impartially
- To be faithful to the laws and constitutions of the United States and the State of California
- Treat all persons in our courts with courtesy and respect
75.2% Yes votes ......
24.8% No votes
- Occupation: Appellate Justice
- J.D., University of California, Berkeley - 1973
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley - 1969
- Fair and impartial administration of justice
- Efficient and timely resolution of all appeals
- Consistent and clear application of the California and U.S Constitutions, legislative enactments, and administrative regulations.
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
California Courts of Appeal
Informed Voter Project
- This California Election
- Find more information about the justices and the issues: objective information on evaluation of judicial candidates to allow voters to make informed choices in selecting members of the third branch of government.
- Profiles of Justices
- Like Wikipedia, anyone may edit information on this monitored site. See who appointed each justice and other information about each.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.