(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Incumbent
- JD, Santa Clara University School of Law
- Teaching credential, SJSU
- BA, San Jose State University
- PTA Council Honorary Service Award 2013
- Children's Health Initiative Recognition Award 2010
- CSBA Masters of Governance graduate 2004
- High Education Standards for All
- Advocate for the "Whole Child"
- Fiscally stable school district
- Occupation: Businessman/Parent
- Chair of the Mountain View Whisman School District Measure G Bond Oversight Committee, 2012-2014
- Chair of the Mountain View Human Relations Commission, 2014
- Member of Board Facilities Committee, past member District Parcel Tax Oversight Committee, past member District GATE Advisory Committee
- Degrees in Computer Science and Applied & Engineering Physics from Cornell University, 1993, MBA from Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, 2005
- Product Manager at Google, 2005-2009, Vice President at BlackRock Financial Management, 1995-1998
- Parent of K and 2nd grade students at Stevenson PACT
Philip D. "Phil" Palmer
- Update our 5-year-old district-wide plan before spending any of our $148 million remaining in Measure G
- Immediately address the fact that 30% of our students perform below grade level in math or English
- Modernize the way we hire, train, evaluate and compensate our teachers and administrators
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Sr. IT Program Manager, Education Systems and Technology
- Past President of the School Board
- Improve overall teacher compensation
- Insure that District Bond Funds are spent wisely, effectively, and efficiently
- Effectively manage the transition to Common Core State Standards
- Occupation: MVWSD Parent/Community Volunteer
- Elementary and Middle school parent
- LAMV PTA Council President
- MVEF Board Member
- Graham Middle School Site Council member
- Huff Elementary PTA VP Volunteer and Past President
- AYSO Soccer Coach
- Create enriching and challenging opportunities for low through high achieving students as we implement Common Core Standards
- Investment in STEM alongside with Art and Music,
- Promote transparency, communication district wide in a culture where all members feel valued.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The Leagues of Women Voters of Santa Clara County has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Funding, Curriculum, and Goals.
News and Analysis
Mountain View Voice
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.