(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Deputy District Attorney
- Award winning, highly experienced and respected prosecutor of 23 years, including as a Special Assistant United States Attorney
- Handled homicides, including capital homicide, gangs, sexual assaults, DUI murder, and major white collar frauds
- Community Prosecutor working to stop crime by improving neighborhood quality of life
- Extensive civil litigation experience, including Consumer Protection
- University of Notre Dame Law School
- Married for 20 years, 2 children, volunteer youth sports coach
- Fair and impartial decisions based on the law
- Respect for everyone
- Preserve the rights of victims and the accused
- Occupation: Judge of the Superior Court
- Elected Judge of Superior Court 2008, after 27 years as a lawyer. I am one of a little over one third of judges who are women in our county.
- I have been tough on crime, innovative, treated people equally and fairly, and helped people resolve their cases.
- As a judge in criminal court, I applied the law even when attorneys objected. I gave severe enough sentences to create a real change in the behavior
- As a civil trial judge, I help parties settle over 30% the cases before me. The parties get a resolution that exactly fits their case and avoid trial
- Experience is the most important qualification in a judge. I have more than five years of experience. I have presided over thousands of cases.
- I have been sucessful in criminal and in civil court. I have never been overturned by an Appellate Court.
- Tough - When a defendant is convicted, Judge Ritchie provides a severe enough sentence to ensure they do not harm innocent people in our community.
- Experienced - Judge Ritchie has more than 5 years as a Superior Court Judge in Santa Clara County. She has presided over both criminal and civil case
- Fair - Being fair to all who enter their courtroom, because everyone deserves respect.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The Leagues of Women Voters of Santa Clara County has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Sentencing, Experience, and Bias.
Meet & Greet
- 9/28/14, 1-3 PM
Los Altos Youth Center
1 N. San Antonio Road
Los Altos, CA 94024
Sponsored by: League of Women Voters, Los Altos-Mountain View Area; American Association of University Women Los Altos Mountain View; and Los Altos Library
- 10/13/14, 8:20-9 PM
Cupertino Community Hall
10350 Torre Avenue
Sponsored by: League of Women Voters, Cupertino-Sunnyvale,
and APAPA (Asian Pacific Islander American Public Affairs)
- Video of the Candidate Forum on 10/13/14
- Candidate Statements
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.