Runoff Election 11/4/2014
(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: California State Senator
- Former California State Assemblywoman, 2004-2008
- Former Mayor & City Councilwoman, 1996-2004
- Former Investment Banker
- B.A. Political Science, University of California at Los Angeles, 1984
- Honorary Statewide Chair, Prop 90: Protect Our Homes Coalition (Eliminate Eminent Domain Abuse)
- Honored by the Orange County Republican Party as Local Elected Official of the Year in '97, Volunteer of the Year in '98 & '05 Legislator of the Year
Drew E. Leavens
- Lower taxes, cut spending & balance the budget.
- Repeal Obamacare and replace it with market based reforms & immediately restore the $700 million that Obamacare took from Medicare.
- Cut red tape & the regulatory burdens that are hurting our small businesses so they can thrive & create jobs.
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Educator/Businessman
- Founder and President, Specialized Training Services (1985-present)
- Program Manager, San Diego County Mental Health Crisis Team (1977-85)
- Private Practice, Marriage and Family Therapy (1979-1984)
- Crisis Counselor, San Diego County Mental Health Crisis Team (1975-77)
- BA, MA Psychology (Counseling emphasis) California State University Sonoma, 1974, 1975, Honors, Dean's List
- Boost the Economy: Develop more high paying jobs, build a stronger middle class through tax cuts, raise the minimum wage
- Enhance Education: Re-fund our schools at optimal levels, reduce teacher/student ratio, make college more affordable, reduce student loan rates
- Protect our Environment: Mitigate the effects of climate change, investigate effects of fracking on our air and water, invest in renewable energy
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Retired Marine Colonel
- Decorated Combat 30 Year Marine Officer
- Commercial Airline Pilot
- President of a Business in Anaheim
- BS Degree in Business; Arizona State University
- BA Degree in History/Political Science; CA State University,Fullerton
- MS Degree in National Resource Strategy; National Defense University
- Create jobs by freeing business from excessive taxes and regulations
- Take care of our wounded warriors and all veterans
- Develop an effective while cost-efficient healthcare system that is a free-market structure
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of California Education Fund has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
5 questions on Economy and Jobs, Health Care, Energy Policy, National Security, and Immigration Reform.
U.S. House of Representatives
Campaign Finance Data
- About the Candidates
- Find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
- Key Votes in Congress
- Enter your zip to see your representatives. Click on the person's name to see how your Congressional Representative voted on many key issues.
- See the candidates, issues, and results from previous elections
3/2/04, 11/5/02, 11/7/00, 3/7/00,
- All links open in new window
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.