(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Eric Woolery, CPA
- Occupation: Orange Treasurer/CPA
- Ten-year member of the Orange Audit Oversight Committee
- Decade-long owner of a CPA firm with two locations
- Budget director for Southern California District Attorney overseeing $100,000,000 budget and nearly 750-member staff
- Served as Member of the Orange County Board of Education
- Graduate of Orange County schools, including Cal State Fullerton
- Married to high school sweetheart Lisa, with two children and Twix the family dog
- Establish transparent budgets free of accounting gimmicks. Work independently of politicians, ensuring decisions are sound, not simply easy or popular
- Expose and fight Sacramento's raids on local coffers. (Proven record of successfully reclaiming $18,000,000 for County department.)
- Enhance productivity & performance through new processes & accountabilities. (Proven record of cutting costs by 25% while maintaining effectiveness.)
- Occupation: Property Tax Director
- 29+ years experience with Orange County Auditor-Controller
- Currently the Chief Deputy Auditor-Controller Property Tax, CPA, BA, MBA
- Experience dealing with current County and Auditor-Controller issues
- Proven track record of being independent, objective, knowledgeable
- Established working relationships with County and state officials, municipal finance officers, financial community
- Developed statewide guidance for accounting standards for property tax
- Keep within budget, increase efficiency, effectiveness of current staff
- Increase understandable financial information for public, increase transparency
- Decrease county administrative costs by leveraging financial system
John Wayne Willard
- Occupation: Accountant/Tax Instructor
- Occupation: Assistant Director CEO/HR - CPA
- 33 years of County accounting and auditing experience
- Board certified in all areas of the Auditor-Controller including accounting, finance, internal auditing, fraud investigations, and forensics
- Bachelor's degree in accounting and a CPA, MBA, CGFM, CFE, GBA, RPA, DABFA, CFS, and CIA
- Proven track record of rooting out waste and fraud. Discovered the largest embezzlement in County history exceeding $1 million
- First Auditor to conduct audits of elected officials
- Saved the County over $100 million in pension costs
James T. Benuzzi
- Pay the County's bills timely. 31% of vendors said they are paid late by the County.
- Expand Customer Service hours. We work for the taxpayers. If we are open 8:00 to 5:00 then we should answer taxpayer's questions from 8:00 to 5:00
- Replace the Auditor-Controller's property tax system. The County is suing its Vendor over cost overruns and deliverables
- Occupation: Audit/Business Advisor
- MBA - Chapman University
- Undergraduate Accounting Degree - Western Illinois University
- City of Orange - Internal Audit Manager
- City of Placentia - Chairman and Member Financial Audit Oversight Committee
- Fiscal Accountability
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.