Runoff Election 6/3/2014
(Vote for 1)
All candidates in this election are invited to post their campaign material on Smart Voter. Any candidate who has not yet been contacted by a volunteer may leave a message at (323) 743-3165 (Google Voice). Please include a phone number AND e-mail address.
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Order is random and changes daily.
Jack A. Rosenberg
James K. Lewis
- Occupation: Nonprofit/Corporate Executive
- MA Global Leadership, Fuller Theological Seminary
- Nonprofit Organization Management, UC Riverside
- Central Project Area Committee
- Long Beach Chamber Government Action Council
- Long Beach GRIP: Gang Reduction, Intervention, Prevention Task Force
Susan "Suzie" Price
- Fiscal Responsibility & Transparency
- Public Safety & Infrustructure
- Jobs & Economic Growth
- Occupation: Orange County Homicide Prosecutor
- B.A. in Political Science, CSULB
- M.A. in Public Policy and Administration, CSULB
- Santa Clara Law School, 1999
- "1996 Outstanding Graduate from the College of Health and Human Services", CSULB
- "Diligent Prosecutor's Award", Mothers Against Drunk Driving 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
- "Heart of MADD Award", Mothers Against Drunk Driving 2011
Stephen C. "Steve" Bello
- Increasing Public Safety in the Third District
- Business Prosperity and the Creation of Jobs
- Fiscal Responsibility and Imaginative Solutions
- Occupation: Commercial Real Estate Broker
- 24 years of commercial real estate in Long Beach
- Seaport Marina 2nd/PCH Project, Adviser, 2006-2011
- Marina Pacifica HOA President 2004-2009
- Long Beach Commercial Real Estate Council President, 1999
- Graduate Leadership Long Beach 1997
- Long Beach Junior Chamber, Board Member 1997-1999
Martha (Flores) Gibson
- Citywide alignment of the 9 council districts
- A cohesive plan to increase revenue for more police and fire
- A cohesive plan to increase revenue for needed infrastructure repairs
- Occupation: Business Owner/Educator
- Master of Science in Social Work and School Administrative Credential from CSULB
- Doctorate in Education Leadership and Change from the Fielding University in Santa Barbara CA
- Math, Engineer, and Science Academy (MESA), Regional Coordinator
- Long Beach Elder Abuse Prevention Team
- Past President of the American Women Business Association
- Board Member of the Kiwanis Club
- Restore public safety to community standards ensuring the personal safety of seniors and children, our most vulnerable populations.
- Prioritize funding so that our tax dollars are focused on infrastructure, parks, libraries and protection of our neighborhoods
- Rejuvenate the businesses friendly climate that will navigate new business into our city that supports entry-level positions for our youth to begin bu
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- City of Long Beach
- Council District Map
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.