Runoff Election 6/3/2014
(Vote for 1)
All candidates in this election are invited to post their campaign material on Smart Voter. Any candidate who has not yet been contacted by a volunteer may leave a message at (323) 743-3165 (Google Voice). Please include a phone number AND e-mail address.
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: City Council Deputy
- B.A. in Political Science-Cal State Long Beach
- 5 years experience in the First District
- 10 years experience in the private sector
- HOPE Leadership Institute graduate-2013
- Mentored youth in Juvenile Hall system
- Avid volunteer for various programs including: American Cancer Society, Corazon.org, etc.
Ricardo A. Linarez
- Public Safety and Keeping our First District families safe
- Bold Infrastructure and a Vibrant Local Economy
- Open & Accessible Communities
- Occupation: Former City Council Deputy
- President, Local Parent Booster Club
- United States Marine Corps
- City Council Deputy, City of Long Beach
- Central Project Area Committee
- Citizen Police Complaint Commission
- Graduated of LBUSD, Long Beach City College, & Cal State Long Beach
- Fight to fully restore public safety funding. I will champion to restore the 300 police officers and fire fighters the city has lost over 5 years.
- Increase Career and Business Opportunities. Let's bring resources to our own community for job training programs and careers with living-wages.
- Invest in Our Infrastructure. All the neighborhoods will share the same progress of downtown like improving streets, sidewalks, and other projects.
- Occupation: Business/Leadership/CEO
- Founder/CEO of Educational Non-Profit Organization
- Former Long Beach City 1st District Field Deputy
- 2013 Presidential (Points of Light) Award, Honoring profound impact creating meaningful change in communities across the U.S.
- 2005 United States House of Representatives Special Congressional Regonition Award for Outstanding and Invaluable Service to Community
- 2007 CSULB Lillian Robles Award for Leadership and Action; Dept. of Women's Studies for an outstanding record of community activism
- 2012 Supervisor Don Knabe Woman of the Year Award Honoree for her service to the women's community.
- Business Development
- Affordable Housing
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis
- City of Long Beach
- Council District Map
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.