Runoff Election 6/3/2014
(Vote for 1)
All candidates in this election are invited to post their campaign material on Smart Voter. Any candidate who has not yet been contacted by a volunteer may leave a message at (323) 743-3165 (Google Voice). Please include a phone number AND e-mail address.
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Attorney/Long Beach City Councilmember
- Long Beach Councilmember (2010-2014)
- Assistant City Auditor
- Attorney, Morrison & Foerster
- U.C. Berkeley School of Law
- Harvard University, Bachelor's in Economics
Matthew Scott Pappas, Esq.
- Improve public safety by eliminating public nuisances
- Save city funds for services such as police, fire, parks, and libraries by reducing unnecessary litigation costs
- Provide the highest quality legal advice to all city departments
- Occupation: Attorney
- J.D from Western State University
- Worked as an extern for the Hon. Judge Terry J. Hatter, Jr. U.S District Court Judge appointed by President Jimmy Carter
- Member of the federal bar for the Ninth Circuit U.S Court of Appeals and the Central, Northern, Southern, and Eastern federal district court
- Served as interim Vice President of Engineering and Legal Affairs for Orca Medical Systems
- Change policies in the police force to reflect accountability- incorporate lapel cameras on the police force
- Save local taxpayers huge amounts on frivolous lawsuits by initiating a review of all litigation instead of automatically sending every case to trial.
- Help small businesses by limiting regulations and costs to start small businesses in Long Beach
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- City of Long Beach
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.