Runoff Election 6/3/2014
(Vote for 1)
All candidates in this election are invited to post their campaign material on Smart Voter. Any candidate who has not yet been contacted by a volunteer may leave a message at (323) 743-3165 (Google Voice). Please include a phone number AND e-mail address.
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Vice Mayor/Educator
- Doctorate in Higher Education
- Commissioner, California Coastal Commission
- Faculty Member, University of Southern California
Mineo L. Gonzalez
- Economic Development
- Protecting our Neighborhoods
- Education and After School Programs
- Lack of Leadership in Long Beach
- Lack of Personal Responsibility in Long Beach
- Occupation: Councilwoman/Nurse/Educator
- Juris Doctor, Pacific Coast University School of Law
- MA, Legislative Affairs, George Washington University
- BA, History, University of California, Irvine
- RN, Golden West College, Huntington Beach
- Nurse Practitioner, Harbor UCLA RNP Program
- 2013 White House Champion of Change for Open Government
- Make Long Beach City government open and transparent
- Put Economic Development a Top Priority to create jobs you can raise a family on
- Hold City Government fully accountable to taxpayers
- Occupation: Attorney/Law Professor
- Long Beach City College Trustee
- Former City Planning Commissioner
- Former City Ethics Task Force Member
- Long Beach Strategic Plan 2010 Committee Chair
- Long Beach Aquarium of the Pacific founding Board member, Executive Committee & Long-Range Planning Committee Chair
- B.A. (Stanford); J.D. (University of Chicago)
Eric "Donald" Rock
- Jobs and Economic Development
- Public Safety
- Strengthening Our Neighborhoods
- MBA - Pepperdine
- BS Telecommunications Mgmt - DeVry LB
- Solar Technology Certified
- Homeland Security Certified
- Completed 2011 LA Marathon
- 2 Gallon Pin Recipient - Awarded by American Red Cross
- Legalize and Tax Medical Marijuana Collectives.
- Invest those revenues into clean energy: any combination of Hydro, Solar, and or Wind.
- Support HB with the opening of their commercial desalination plant.
- Occupation: Businessman
- Business Owner of 3 Businesses
- BA in Journalism, University of Oregon
- MBA, Jones International University, 2016
Jana K. Shields
- Post all City finances to the web, daily, for honesty and accountability
- Create "Medical Corridor" to bring jobs, including high-end medical careers
- Create "Business Swat Team" to help every business in Long Beach
- Occupation: Non-profit CEO
- MA Linguistics, BS, BMusic
- Community Service Award
- Willmore City Heritage Assoc Board
- Central Project Area Council Board
- Pension Reform
- Making Long Beach business friendly
- Slow Down the Civic Center project
- Occupation: California State Assemblymember, 70th District
- Vice Mayor, City of Long Beach
- 1st District Councilmember, City of Long Beach
- School Boardmember, Long Beach Unified
- Family therapist, United Cambodian Community
- Teacher, Long Beach City College
- Safe neighborhoods: Give our police and firefighters the tools they need to keep our homes safe.
- More jobs: Make it easier for small businesses to hire more workers. Leverage state and federal funding to spur investment, education, and jobs.
- Fill the potholes: Restore funding to fix our streets and sidewalks, trim trees, and restore critical city services.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- City of Long Beach
- Wednesday, February 19
time: 5 - 6:30 pm
place: The Grand
4101 E. Willow St., Long Beach
Junior League of Long Beach
- Sunday, February 23
time: 2 - 4 pm
place: Long Beach Museum of Art
2300 E. Ocean Blvd., Long Beach
Long Beach Museum of Art
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.