(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Joel R. "Weinstein" Weinstein
- Party: Republican, Democratic
- Occupation: Weinstein Consulting- Management Consulting. Retired.
- COO/Executive VP-Abarta Beverages; VP Marketing-General Cinema Corporation.
- Incumbent School Board Director, 17 years- 9 years as President
- BS-Economics/Finance, New York University. MBA Economics/Finance- City College of New York
- Brought to district experience in finance, management, strategic planning, human resources, marketing, and statistical analysis.
- Helped guide through changes in state & federal funding & mandates imposed on local education, while increasing quality of education for all students.
- Helped keep our district to be in sound fiscal shape even with state cutbacks an restrictions such as pending huge increases in pension contributions.
Charles Ralph Burke, Jr.
- Maximize the potential of each and every one of our students.
- Insure that every student has a safety net so their needs are identified early and addressed by appropriate interventions.
- Insure financial security for the school district while maintaining high caliber programs including art, music, and athletics.
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Chairman, Grable Foundation
- See more biographical information for note on my ballot listing party designation
- Past Fox Chapel Area School Board President
- Former Teacher and a 30-year career dedicated to education and serving children
- Past Board President of The Pace School, Mentoring Partnership, and Grantmakers of Western PA
- Vice Chair, Fred Rogers Company and Chairman, The Forbes Funds
- Thieman Awardee from Mentoring Partnership
Nancy S. Snider
- Maintaining academic excellence
- Maximizing student achievement
- Continuing low tax rates
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Retired Teacher
- 40+ years teaching experience and thorough knowledge of how schools work
- Successful experience in lobbying for education
- BA in history, Pfeiffer University; MA in history, Appalachian State University
- 30 year resident of O'Hara Township
- Mother of two children who attended Fox Chapel schools from kindergarten through grade 12
- Will bring a new voice and fresh perspective to the school board
- Honest, open, transparent, responsible school governance
- High educational return from citizen investment
- Across-the-board quality education to prepare all students to thrive in an increasingly complex, technology laced, human value challenging, changing w
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.