This information is provided by the candidate
These are challenging times and Schools are confronted with tough issues, but we must work collectively to overcome them. It's important to keep the country's public schools flexible and responsive to the needs of their local communities. I will be an effective Board member due to my passion and attributes. The children will always be my ultimate focus and I'll work with others to accomplish effective results through the following:
- Proactive & Effective Communicator + Excellent link between the community and school
- Community Participant + Enjoy meeting a variety of people while identifying key communicators.
- Will reach out to the community and engage parents to act in best interest of the District
- Consensus Builder + Set Goals and long range plans, capable of working toward decisions that all can support, and willing to compromise to achieve that goal
- Decision Maker + Able to handle and support group and individual decision-making styles
- Team Player and Leader + Align district resources to help promote the board's vision and goals, provide the best educational opportunities, and improve achievement.
- Able and willing to take appropriate risks while being fiscally responsible
- Create a shared vision and healthy environment for work and learning
- Build strategic partnerships and sustain the district's progress through continuous improvement
- Professionally Manage the District by prescribing, adopting, and enforcing reasonable rules, and regulations regarding school activities, publications, and organizations.
- Purchase, receive, or condemn property for school purposes and sell unneeded property
- Vested with three children in our local School District: Anna & Ben,12yr twins, and Casey, 7yr
I will help and effectively plan the education of our youth by utilizing my experience and qualifications.
- Bachelors in Industrial Relations/Psychology & Technical Communications Cert + Univ. of Cincinnati
- Educational Advisor for University of Cincinnati students in study skills, time management, and career guidance. Produced a training video for Educational Advisors on empathy training & advising.
- Teacher Assistant - Selected by College Professor to teach discussion group to UC students.
- Ohio Licensed Realtor - Successfully Self employed for over 20yrs in New Construction & Real Estate
- Coached Three Rivers District students in Basketball, Wrestling, Volleyball, & Baseball
- Volunteered for Big Brothers/Big Sisters, St Joseph Church festival booth captain, and Catholic Oldtimers Softball Manager and team Coach
A few other things I would like to implement during this term on the School Board:
1. Help get more students involved with community, athletics, or other school activities.
2. Get parents more involved with the School District activities and improving kids progress.
I hope this helps provide you with my qualifications and desire to serve on the Board. Thanks for your time, consideration, and your Vote!