(Vote for 4)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Hospital Liaison
- Member, Cincinnati Board of Education, 2002-present
- Member, Ohio Board of Education, 1995-2001
- Employed by LifeCenter Organ Donor Network
- Master of Public Administration, NKU; B.S. Xavier
- Advisory Board, Master of Public Administration, NKU
- Mother, 3 CPS graduates, all college graduates
- Promote Student Success by implementing world class academics
- Work for a stable financial foundation for public education
- Support Community Learning Centers & community engagement
- Occupation: Development Director
- 25 Years Serving Children and Families in the Greater Cincinnati Area through Non-Profit Management
- State of Ohio Teaching Certificate
- Former Teacher
- Served on Various Boards and Committees Directly Impacting Children and Families
- Parent of a Current CPS Student (Sophomore)
- CPS Graduate
- Ensuring Quality Public Education for all Children | Setting a Culture of Excellence
- Excellence in the Classroom
- Students Graduate Prepared for the 21st Century Workforce
- Occupation: Director, Centralized Hiring for an education nonprofit
- Master of Arts in Teaching, Trinity College
- BA, Colgate University, magna cum laude
- Elementary school teacher; school Teacher of the Year
- Education Chair, Mayor Mallory's Young Professional Kitchen Cabinet
Daniel Arturo Minera
- Parents: I'll listen to parents and community members and respond to their questions, ideas, and concerns.
- Preschool: We'll increase the number of high-quality preschool seats in CPS so that our children enter kindergarten on track.
- People: We'll improve our teacher hiring process so we have the best teachers coming into CPS, and support them with effective school leaders.
- Occupation: Director of Hispanic Outreach for City Gospel Mission
- Pastor of Outreach and Missions for Amigo Ministries
- Local School Decision Making Committee (LSDMC) member at Roberts Academy
- Tutor and Mentor to Families in Price Hill
- Eagle Scout
- Anthony Muņoz Foundation "Jim Semon Impact Award" recipient
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
Marcia A. Futel
- Community Learning Centers
- Early Childhood Education
- Resources for non-English Families
- Occupation: I am a Financial Services Professional
- I hold licenses in life insurance, annuities, and securities
- I enjoyed a successful 23 year career in Programming and Information Technology
- I am the mother of 3 Cincinnati Public School graduates each holding 4-year college degrees
- I am currently Board president of Parents for Public Schools of Greater Cincinnati
- I am a member of the Ohio State Superintendent's Parent Advisory Council
- I was educated in Chicago Public School system holding Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Betsy Ann Shank
- High quality education in EVERY CPS school
- Leadership at EVERY level that inspires excellence
- Serving EVERY family as valued customers
- Occupation: Former Teacher
- Taught 31 years in Cincinnati Public Schools
- Board of Directors Member of Know Theatre since 2000
- Docent at the Center for Holocaust and Humanity Education
- Promoting effective schools while improving schools in need
- Working for a solid financial foundation
- Supporting community learning centers
- Occupation: Educator and Attorney
- U.C. College of Law/JD (Valedictorian,1985); Brown Univ./Ph.D.(1976), M.A. (1972); Skidmore College/B.A. with Honors (1970).
- University of Cincinnati College of Education, Miami University, University of Dayton College of Law professor (past).
- Cincinnati Public School parent, 20 years; PTA President & Board Member, 10 years.
- Parent of 3 CPS graduates who have earned degrees from Oberlin, Harvard and Yale.
- Dress for Success, Professional Women's Groups (past)
- Mediator & Attorney
Sally Rebecca (Tookman) O'Callaghan
- Students First: ensure that CPS provides an excellent education for all children, preparing them for career, college and civic responsibility.
- Parent & Community Involvement: ensure that parents and community members are closely involved in CPS decisions and daily activities.
- Safe & Secure Schools: ensure that students are protected from violence and bullying so they can focus on academic achievement.
- Occupation: Mom
- Taught Math and Science in CPS for ten years at Anderson Place, Vine, Losantiville and SCPA. Students were top scorers on OAT in district.
- Graduated Cum Laude with a Bachelors of Science in Education from Ohio University
- All 4 of my children attend CPS.
- Helped develop Math curriculum for CPS.
- Fairiview Parent Board Ways and Means Chair
- Board Member for Visionaries and Voices as well as Parents and Professionals for Planned Parenthood Southwest Ohio
- As a CPS Board Member, I will work to make sure we bring Excellence to Every Building.
- I'll do this by elevating expectations, bringing quality preschool to all CPS kids, addressing the mobility issue and increasing community involvement
- Until I would be willing to send my kids to any school in our district, CPS isn't as good as it can and should be.
- Occupation: Candidate Cincinnati City School Board
- Certified Medical Assistant, Associate
- Current Board member of Cincinnati Interfaith Worker Center
- Current board member of Cincinnati Chapter of National Action Network
- Former board member of United Way
- Cincinnati Youth Collaborative Mentor
- Graduate of the Cincinnati Grassroots Leadership Academy
- Closing the Digital Divide and Improve Student Achievement
- Budget to the needs of the children and Fairness In Education
- Connecting Health to Education and Encourage Community Involvement
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of the Cincinnati Area has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Qualifications, Improvement, and Building Consensus.
Board of Elections
- Request your Absentee Ballot
- If you plan to vote by mail this election, you must request a ballot be sent to your home. Download the Vote By Mail Application from the Board of Elections website.
League of Women Voters
News and Analysis
Google News Search
- Cincinnati Public Schools information
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.