(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Appointed Governing Boardmember, Torrance USD
- Board Member, Torrance Education Foundation
- Member, ExxonMobil Community Advisory Panel
- Director of Leadership, 33rd District, California PTA
- Past President, Torrance Council of PTAs
- Three-time recipient, PTA Honorary Service Award
- Ensuring School Safety
- Providing State-of-the-Art Technology for Students and Teachers
- Maintaining Small Classroom Sizes
- Occupation: Teacher
- Father of two boys
- Member of the Torrance Unified School Board
- Teacher with 32 years experience in South Bay public schools.
Michael Patrick Wermers
- Restore cuts made to the classroom and district as a whole during the financial crisis.
- Create a method to ensure that TUSD can keep up with the needs of today's technology.
- Provide training and support for staff so that TUSD is ready for the demands of the new Common Core standards.
- Occupation: Small Business Owner
- Parent of three young daughters in Torrance Schools
- Current Member of the Torrance School Board
- Member of Torrance Education Foundation Board of Directors
- Member of Torrance Chamber of Commerce
- Honorary Service Award Recipient from Torrance Council of PTAs
- On Committee that wrote the city of Torrance's Strategic General Plan
John Paul Tabakian
- Quality of Education
- Oversight of Propositons Y & Z Funds
- Experienced Leadership
- Occupation: Educator/Academic Consultant
- Doctor of Education (Ed.D.)
- Masters of Political Science (MA)
- Business Owner: Tabakian, Inc.
- College Professor
- Higher Education Consultant
- Career Pathway Speaker
- Guarantee School Safety!
- Promote Student Success!
- Advance Teacher/Staff Benefits!
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- Wednesday, October 23, 2013
time: 6:30 PM -- 8:45 PM
place: Torrance Airport Meeting Room, 3301 Airport Dr
conducted by: LWV Torrance Area
6:30 PM + 7:30 PM: El Camino College Area 5 (3 Candidates -- 1 to be elected)
7:45 PM + 8:45 PM: Torrance Unified School District (4 Candidates -- 3 to be elected)
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.