(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Torrance Councilman/Businessman
- Councilman, City of Torrance
- CEO, American Red Cross Southern California Blood Services
- Advisory Board Member, California State University Dominguez Hills School of Business and Public Administration
- Former Management Consultant
- Former Vice President, Torrance Symphony & Torrance Historical Society
- Princeton University, Master in Public Affairs; UC Berkeley, Juris Doctor
Glenn Richard "Rick" Marshall
- Transition seamlessly graduating high school students to college, eliminating gaps and waits
- Help students quickly complete their degrees/certificates or transfer to a four-year institution
- Connect employers with El Camino, to help students get jobs and build the local economy
- Occupation: Information Technology Software Developer
- Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration
- Vice-Chair, City of Torrance Water Commission
- Curriculum Advisory Board, Harbor College
- Fundraiser, Muscular Dystrophy Lockout
- Host Family, Chinese Exchange Students
- Host Family, Japanese Exchange Students
- MORE PARKING: Remodel parking structures first with new bond money
- MORE CLASSES:Expand offering, repeat them more often, modify drop policy to open classes to more qualified students
- KEEP SCROC: Keep SCROC open as El Camino Satellite Vocational Technical School. Don't allow SCROC to close.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- Wednesday, October 23, 2013
time: 6:30 PM -- 8:45 PM
place: Torrance Airport Meeting Room, 3301 Airport Dr
conducted by: LWV Torrance Area
6:30 PM + 7:30 PM: El Camino College Area 5 (3 Candidates -- 1 to be elected)
7:45 PM + 8:45 PM: Torrance Unified School District (4 Candidates -- 3 to be elected)
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.