(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Barbara E. Gaines
- Occupation: School Principal/Teacher
- Master of Arts Degree, Curriculum and Instruction
- Master of Arts Degree, Educational Leadership
- 2012-13 ACSA, Region XV Middle School Administrator of the Year
- College Instructor, Concordia University
- Former small business owner
Michael R. Adams
- Classes must be available
- Become a leader in aerospace education
- Improve transfer and graduation rates
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Former USAF officer
- Bachelor of Arts, UCLA
- Master of Science, USC
- Three time President, Board of Trustees
- Former Chair, AV Red Cross Board of Directors
- Public Service Award Recipient, AVC Foundation
Steve D. Buffalo
Betty J. Wienke
Richard S. Balogh
- Maintain balanced budget and strong reserves
- Increase classes and services at Lancaster and Palmdale campuses
- Advance AVC with modern technology, facilities, and equipment
- Occupation: Retired College Professor
- 36 years of teaching experience at Antelope Valley Community College
- 44 consecutive years total Community College experience
- Scholar in Residence, Antelope Valley Community College
- Double BS Degree in Geology and Geography and MS Degree in Geology from UCLA
- Departmental Scholar, UCLA
- Numerous community service presentations over the past 40 years
- Increase the opportunities for all segments of our community to experience the professional quality of education we provide.
- Encourage the board to consider how each of their decisions will improve the effectiveness of the college in serving our community.
- Increase the graduation rate, reduce the drop-out rate and reduce the number of students who default on student loans.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.