Runoff Election 5/21/2013
(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: School Board Member
- Masters in Public Policy -Pepperdine University
- Bachelor's of Science Anthropology, UCLA
- YMCA Board Member
- LA County Trustees Association Director
- CSBA Former Delegate
- Improve access to courses offered by LA Community Colleges
- Create a 21st Century learning environment for our students
- Stop wasteful spending by fine combing annual budget
- Occupation: Community College Trustee
- Executive Director (for Educational Communications)
- Cultural Anthropologist
- Educator (Community College Instructor)
- Environmental Documentarian
- Radio Host & Broadcaster
- Improve student success in transfers and credential completion
- Continue green building programs & make campuses ecological
- Maintain fiscal accountability
- Occupation: Retired College President
- Past President, Pierce College & Los Angeles Mission College
- Vice President Academic Affairs, Pierce College & Los Angeles Mission College
- Board Chairman, Ivy Academia K + 12 Charter School
- Doctorate of Education in Institutional Management, Pepperdine University
- Dean of Vocational Education & Workforce Development, Los Angeles Valley College
- Recipient, Justice Armand Arabian Leaders in Public Service Award
Michael "Mike" Aldapa
- Empower students with the resources needed to attain educational goals
- Promote high tech job training and meet local workforce needs
- Develop strategic plan to address fiscal uncertainty for Los Angeles community colleges
- Occupation: Community Organizer
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of Los Angeles has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
4 questions on Most Important Issue, Transfer Preparation vs. Workforce Training, Management/Budget Experience, and AB 2572.
Candidate Videos from
- Los Angeles Community College District
City Channel 35
- Nancy Pearlman
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.