Runoff Election 5/21/2013
(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Educator/Community Organizer
- BA California State University Northridge
- MA in Planning from UCLA
- UCLA Researcher and Teaching Assistant
- Community Organizer
- Former Area Director for City of Los Angeles Office of the Mayor
- 1. Manage Budget Better
- 2. Save and Restore Adult Education
- 3. Improve the Quality of Student Learning
- Occupation: Fifth Grade Teacher
- Successful teacher at a thriving inner city school from 2001 - the present.
- Resident of Sunland. Past resident of Sun Valley.
- Former legal services attorney at San Fernando Valley Neighborhood Legal Services in Pacoima.
- JD/Columbia Law School
- Budgetary transparency/accountability. The public has a right to careful and thoughtful spending.
- College/vocational readiness. Our children must be able to successfully enter college or a vocation.
- Health/safety is vital inside the classroom, outside the classroom, and in every school's neighborhood.
- Occupation: Education Advocate/Organizer
- United for Education Coalition-Director of Government and Media Relations
- Rehiring of School Site Staff
- Class Size Reduction
- Reinstate Early, Adult and Arts Programs
- Occupation: Nonprofit Executive/Parent
- Lifelong advocate for educational opportunity for all youth - I have served on the Board of non-profits dedicated to this mission
- Received "Mujer Destacada Award" from La Opinion 2012 in the area of Education and was featured in Latino Leaders Magazine in July, 2012
- Attended schools in board district 6, attended Mission College, transferred to UCLA, and then attended CSUN for a Masters in Public Administration
- Increase High School Graduation Rates
- Stabilize and increase funding for public education
- Providing all students with equitable and rigorous learning opportunities and instruction to provide graduates with the skills and knowledge necessary
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of Los Angeles has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
5 questions on Most Important Issue, Constituency vs. District, Management/Budget Experience, Health Care Costs, and Standardized Testing.
Candidate Videos from
- Los Angeles Unified School District
City Channel 35
- Monica Ratliff
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.