Runoff Election 5/21/2013
(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Public Safety Attorney
- Secures justice for victims of discrimination
- Holds public officials accountable to taxpayers
- Partner of Law Enforcement
- Honoree, "In The Line Of Duty" Award, Police Protective League
- Represented whistleblower exposing corruption in City of Bell
- Stop Crime Before It Starts
- Target Discrimination
- Partner with Law Enforcement To Keep Families Safe
- Occupation: Assembly Member/Attorney
- Mike Feuer is one of California's leading lawmakers and attorneys.
- Mike has written some of California's most important public safety, children's health, consumer protection and environmental laws.
- Mike has directed one of the nation's leading public interest law firms, Bet Tzedek.
Carmen "Nuch" Trutanich
- Secure neighborhoods, free of gang activity and gun violence
- Ensuring safety in and around schools
- Saving precious taxpayer dollars by slashing lawsuit payouts and curtailing practices that result in liability
- Occupation: Los Angeles City Attorney
- Backs alternative sentencing to reform youthful offenders
- Advocates for city's vulnerable: abused kids/women/the homeless/immigrants
- Successfully protected city from $284 million in lawsuits
- Honored: Innovations in Criminal Justice Award
- Family of 4 kids: 2 teachers, 2 prosecutors
- Martindale-Hubbell: Highest rating for legal ability & ethics
- Reinforce the trend in reduced gun violence in Los Angeles with even more preventive programs
- Continue the office's spotless record of ethical conduct
- Boslter opportunities for youthful offenders to go straight
- Occupation: Attorney/Community Advocate
- Fighting Special Interests For the People By Winning Court Cases and Favorable Settlements Challenging Unlawful Land Use Giveaways by Politicians
- Helped Lead Winning Effort to Defeat PoliticianSponsored Measure B in 2009, Including Winning in Court vs. Mayor's Challenge to Ballot Arguments
- Empowering Communities Through the Use Of Creative Citizen-Empowerment Enforcement Tools
- Since 2007, Collecting Over $1 Million Legally Owed to Tenants Involuntarily Displaced By Development After Developers or Speculators Refused to Pay
- Fighting City Hall Insiders & Special Interests By Successfully Working With City Council to Craft Fair Tenant Relocation Protocols
- Member of Watts Gang Task Force Since 2006
- Working to Ensure the City Attorney's Office represents the broader public interest rather than the Narrow Politicial Interest of the City Council.
- The City Attorney Should Promote, Maintain, and Enhance the Highest Possible Levels of Public Safety and Citizen Responsibility
- The City Attorney Should Promote Openness, Transparency, and Citizen Empowerment
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of Los Angeles has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Most Important Issue, Prioritization of Roles, and Enforcement Emphasis.
Candidate Videos from
- City of Los Angeles
City Channel 35
- Mike Feuer
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.