Runoff Election 5/21/2013
(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Eric M. Garcetti
- Occupation: Los Angeles City Councilmember
- Los Angeles City Council President, 2006-2012
- Lieutenant, United States Navy Reserve, 2005-present
- Assistant Professor, Occidental College, 1998-2001
- Visiting Professor, University of Southern California, 1997-1999
- Chair, Democratic Municipal Officials, 2008-present
- Rhodes Scholar at Oxford University and the London School of Economics
Wendy J. Greuel
- Helping residents solve problems and make government more accountable
- Get our economy back on track with good middle class jobs
- Bring creative solutions and innovation to City Hall to make sure our city provides the best services to residents
- Occupation: Los Angeles City Controller
- Graduate of LAUSD's Kennedy High School
- UCLA Graduate
- Former Aide to Mayor Tom Bradley
- Former So. California Field Operations Officer, U.S. Dept. of Housing & Urban Development under President Clinton
- Former Executive, DreamWorks Studios
- Former Los Angeles City Councilmember, Los Angeles 2nd District
- Create jobs and get Los Angeles' economy back on track
- Build strong schools and create a modern, interconnected transportation system
- Be a watchdog for taxpayer funds and fight waste, fraud, and abuse
- Occupation: Radio Broadcaster/Attorney
- Former Federal Prosecutor
- Former Co-Chairman of AIDS Project Los Angeles
- Degree in Accounting from Oklahoma University
- Law Degree from University of Houston
- Received the Director's Award for Superior Performance as an Assistant U.S. Attorney
- Bringing jobs and opportunity back to LA
- Honest, open, & accountable government; anti-corruption
- Fiscal responsibility- avoiding bankruptcy
- Occupation: Los Angeles City Councilwoman
- Currently serving 3rd term as Los Angeles City Counciowoman
- Worked in public service since 1990
- 14 years in the private sector
- BA Journalism USC
- MA Public Policy USC
Emanuel Alberto Pleitez
- Job Creation & Economic Development
- Balance the City's Budget
- Education Reform
- Occupation: Technology Company Executive
- Obama-Biden Presidential Transition Team
- Special Assistant to Paul Volcker and the President's Economic Recovery Advisory Board (PERAB)
- Chair of the Salvadorean American Leadership and Education Fund
- Chair of the Hispanic Heritage Foundation
- Founder of Inspira (webseries)
- Founder of Latinos on Fast Track Institute
- Education Reform
- Pension Reform
- Community-Specific Development Plans
- Occupation: Factory Production Worker
- Socialist Workers Party: working-class labor socialist alternative.
- Long time union member, employed as electrical assembler.
- Organized solidarity for labor battles for four decades including recent Wal-Mart Black Friday, Longshore struggles.
- Joined actions against cop brutality and killing of Trayvon Martin
- Defender of Cuban Revolution and Cuban 5, revolutionaries serving time in U.S. prisons.
- Contributor and distributor of revolutionary socialist newspaper -The Militant
Addie M. Miller
Yehuda "Yj" Draiman
- Build movement for massive government public workers program to put millions to work building schools, hospitals, day-care centers, roads and bridges.
- Support immediate legalization for undocumented workers
- Organize for working people to take political power, thus ending the dictatorship of capital!
- Occupation: Neighborhood Council Secretary
- 2nd term Elected Northridge Neighborhood Council
- Director of Utilities & Sustainability for Energy Savers 2
- Working on PHD in Energy Conservation
- Ex. Real Estate Developer
- Vast experience in the deregulation of Utilities and implementing energy and water conservation - Energy & Utility auditor
- Participated with the Utility Commission in protecting citizens from increased tariffs
Joseph "Joe" Gardner
- To bring Los Angeles back to economic sustainability and financial health
- Absolute transparency & full disclosure to the people of LA & restore public trust
- Utilize LA's natural assets & Make Los Angeles the "World Capital of Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency - Water Conservation"
- Occupation: Retired-Adminstrator
- Bachelor-Business Adminstration
- Masters-Public Adminstration
- City-County Coordinator
- Emergency Disaster Coordinator
- Capital Projects Adminstrator
- Eliminate Annual Deficit Spending of City
- Public Service Program Decrease unemployment
- Use vacant City and private Bldgs. to house the Homeless
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of Los Angeles has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
6 questions on Most Important Issue, Budget Shortfall, Sales Tax, Climate Change, Public Transportation, and Education.
Candidate Videos from
- City of Los Angeles
City Channel 35
- Kevin James
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.