(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Judge, Hamilton County Court of Common Pleas
- I have handled thousands of cases as a trial court judge
- I served as a practicing attorney for over 13 years at the law firm of Keating, Muething & Klekamp
- Law Clerk for the Honorable David A. Nelson of the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Nine years of local government experience dealing with neighborhood issues as a Hamilton County Commissioner and a member of Cincinnati City Council
- B.S., B.A. - Miami University, graduated summa cum laude with a perfect 4.0 G.P.A..
- J.D. - University of Michigan Law School, graduated in the top ten percent of class with Order of the Coif honors
Bruce B. Whitman
- Utilize judicial experience to ensure that the law is applied fairly and impartially
- Maintain the safety of our communities through the fair application of the law
- Manage caseload efficiently to ensure that litigants aren't unfairly burdened
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Attorney
- Beyond the basic minimal qualifications, I have practiced general trial law in Hamilton County, Ohio since November 1980
- including experience in criminal and civil law in the Court of Common Pleas.
- I have tried and settled many cases in front of judges, juries and administrative bodies.
- I have an AV rating from Martindale Hubbell
- I am a Trustee of the Southwest Ohio Trial Lawyers Ass'n.
- I will be a voice for equal and constitutional access to the courts;
- I will protect the public safety in a common sense manner; and
- I will provide an open, professional and robust atmosphere for the resolution of disputes.
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of the Cincinnati Area has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Qualifications, Adminstration of justice, and Judical Independence.
Secretary of State
League of Women Voters
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.