(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Judge, First District Court of Appeals
- St. Xavier HS. '76
- Harvard Law School '83, with honors; Harvard College '80, with honors
- Current President, Ohio State Bar Assoc.; past President Cincinnati Bar Assoc., past chair of CBA's Ethics and Professionalism committees
- Former Partner Keating Muething & Klekamp PLL
- Past President, Pleasant Ridge Community Council; past President Cincinnati Children's Museum Assoc.; past president St Ursula Villa
- Trustee and Vice Chair, Visions Community Services; member, Beyond Civility project
- Continue to author and join in the highest quality of legal opinions and decisions as I have done as a judge so far
- Continue to Issue well reasoned and written opinions in a timely and efficient manner
- Continue my efforts to educate the public on the importance and duties of judges in our state and community
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Attorney and Professor
- U.C. College of Law/JD (Valedictorian,1985); Brown Univ./Ph.D.(1976), M.A. (1972); Skidmore College/B.A. with Honors (1970).
- University of Cincinnati adjunct professor & former professor at Miami University and Dayton Law School.
- Circuit Mediator at U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit (6 years) and Law Clerk to Federal District Judge (1 year)
- Past President & Board Member, Friends of Harriet Beecher Stowe House, PTA President & Board Member (past)
- Dress for Success Cincinnati & National Underground Railroad Freedom Center. employee (past)
- Volunteer Lawyers for the Poor
- I want to give voters a choice, to bring balance to the Court of Appeals, and to ensure that each case will be decided correctly, strictly on merits.
- As a Democrat, I will help end one-party dominance of the Court of Appeals making it more representative of the community it serves.
- Work full-time to ensure that cases are decided in a timely manner and with a correct interpretation of the law..
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of the Cincinnati Area has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Qualifications, Adminstration of justice, and Judical Independence.
Secretary of State
League of Women Voters
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.