(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Grace H. Mah
Official Ballot Statement
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Governing Board Member, Santa Clara County Board of Education, 5 years
- Community Volunteer, 13 years
- Engineer and Project Manager, 18 years
- YMCA Board of Advisors, 6 years
- 1000 Hearts for 1000 Minds Volunteer
- BS Caltech; MS EECS UC Berkeley
- SJ/SV2020, Eliminating the Achievement Gap in Silicon Valley by 2020
- Early Childhood Education, Preschool Access and Quality
- Bilingual Education for K - 12
- Occupation: User Experience Designer
- Master's in Computer Science from Stanford
- Bachelor's in Engineering Physics from University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Father was a public school teacher - high school mathematics
- Mother was a public school teacher - speech and language therapist
- Brother is a public school teacher - middle school science
- Grandmother was a public school teacher - elementary
- A higher bar for charter school approval, renewal, and accountability
- Empowering local communities to make decisions that are best for them
- Invest in social and emotional learning
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The Leagues of Women Voters of Santa Clara County has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Role of Board, Experience, and Board Operation.
Candidate & Event Videos
News and Analysis
- 10/10/2012, 7:45 - 9:00 p.m.
Crittenden School Auditorium
1701 Rock Avenue
Mountain View, CA 94043
sponsored by LWVLAMV & Crittenden Middle School PTA
- Candidates vie for San Jose Unified, East Side Union and Santa Clara County Board of Education
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.