(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Elizabeth D. Minter
- Occupation: Corporate Librarian
- B.A., Allegheny College
- M.L.S., University of Pittsburgh
- Over 40 years experience with public library management and funding.
- Commitment to lifelong learning opportunities
- Seeking to strengthen Placentia Library's visibility and ties with the community
- Seeking to enhance the Library's technological relationship with the schools and community
- Occupation: Appointed Incumbent
- Local Newspaper Columnist
- Former Software Engineer
- B.S. Computer Science, CSU, Fullerton
- Maintain fiscal responsibility and transparency in all dealings with the library's financial and managerial decisions.
- Be open to new ideas for keeping the library up-to-date with new technology.
- Ensure the library maintains its high standards of serving the community.
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Eight years as Trustee on current Library Board
- Forty yrs. in Educ.....25 as college V-President
- Served on Board of three non-profit organizations
- Fiscal conservative, community oriented
- Avid reader and library user.
- Balanced budget
- Library that extends itself to the commuity
- Maintain a large collection of recent books, DVD's etc.
Jo Ann Sowards
- Occupation: Economics Instructor
- Occupation: Realtor
- Board Member Placentia Library Friends Foundation
- Member, Placentia Round Table Womens Club
- Board, Member, Miss Placentia Scholarship Committee
- Former Board Member - Placentia Chamber of Commerce
- Third Vice President, Damas De Caridad affliated with St. Jude Hospital
- Certified Medical Staff Coordinator and Hospital Consultant
- Continue to provide the highest level of library services and programs to the community
- Maintain and strengthen educational alliances with the local schools
- Increase community awareness of the programs available through the library system
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.