(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Sandra L. "Sandy" Genis
- Occupation: Land Planner/Businesswoman
- Occupation: Businessman/Appointed Councilmember
- Costa Mesa Planning commissioner
- President Costa Mesa Pop Warner 07-11
- President Estancia Sports Boosters
- Board Sheriff's Advisory
- Former Board Member Boy Scouts of America
- Former President South Coast Metro Alliance
- Budget and Pension Reform
- Better roads, parks and facilities
- Improved Public Safety
- Occupation: Councilmember/Local Restaurateur
- 3-time mayor
- 4-term City Council Member
- OCTA Board Member
- Newport Mesa CAC Chairperson
- Book of Golden Deeds Award Recipient
- Costa Mesa Charter-Measure V-Supporter
- Reign in Public Employee Pensions
- Strengthen Costa Mesa's Budget
- Occupation: Business Attorney
- Law Degree from UC Davis
- Bachelors Degree in Business from Cal Poly, Pomona
- Finance and Pastoral Council, St. John the Baptist
- Little League Coach and Board Member
- Softball Coach and Board Member
- Active in Bar Associaiton and Professional Groups
- Public Safety, Strengthening Police Force
- Avoiding Unecessary Legal Fees
- Defeating Charter Scheme
- Occupation: Costa Mesa Commissioner/Businessman
- Chairman, Costa Mesa Planning Commission
- Founder, Costa Mesa Taxpayers Association
- President, Mesa North Community Association
- Board Member, Costa Mesa United
- J.D. Loyola Law School
- Control spending to balance our budget
- Invest in aging infrastructure, such as roads and parks
- Attract families to reduce crime and increase tax base
- Occupation: Business Executive
- 29 year resident of Costa Mesa
- Built numerous, well known brands
- Former Special Education Teacher
- Active in Children's Groups at Estancia HS
- Bachelor's Degree from New York University
- Master's Degree from Hofstra University
- Obtain sustainable agreements for pension reform with all city employees, including Police and Fire.
- Eliminate questionable spending practices.
- Improve and increase the business categories that can thrive in this city and add to the city's growth and positive image.
- Occupation: retired CPA
- MBA in Finance, Michigan State U. 1969
- Referendum on city's present fireworks (discharge and sale) policies
- Favor privatization of city services where it makes sense
- Favor proposed City Charter
- Occupation: Inside Sales Engineer
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.