(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Retired School Principal
- 22 years as an Anaheim Principal
- 13 years as an Anaheim Teacher
- Bachelor of Arts- English- CSUF
- Master of Science- Curriculum and Instruction -CSUF
- Administrative Services Credential- 1st Tier - CSUF
- Administrative ServicesCredential - 2nd Tier- UCI
James Derek Vanderbilt
- To ensure the highest levels of student safety and program quality.
- To make sure that any budget cuts are made as far away from children as possible and to preserve quality programs despite budget cuts.
- Make sure that programs and services address the "whole child"meeting intellectual, emotional, developmental and security needs.
- Occupation: Governing Board Member, Anaheim City School District
- Former Chair, Anaheim Planning Commission
- Former Chair, AUHSD Independent Citizens' Oversight Committee
- Former Member, ACSD Independent Citizens' Oversight Committee
- Former Recreation Director, Anaheim Department of Parks & Recreation
- Former California Senate Legislative Aide
- US Special Forces veteran
- I will continue to fight the state's effort to consolidate control of all schools within a large, distant, bureaucratic agency.
- I will continue my successful efforts to reduce over-crowded classrooms in order to create the best possible learning environment for our children.
- I will continue my successful efforts to ensure our students are adequately prepared to advance to junior high school.
- Occupation: Community Volunteer
- President Ezra Center Adult Activity Center
- 12 Year Board Member ACSD (1998-2010)
- Member Head Start Policy Committee-ACSD
- Member State Preschool Policy Committee-ACSD
- Member Budget Advisory Committee-ASCD
- Retired Aerospace Engineer & Project Manager
- Maintain ACSD schools as Safe & Secure Learning Environments
- Continue improvement of student achievement
- Insure that Science, Technology Art & Music is integrated into the core curriculum.
- Occupation: Health Program Administrator
- Anaheim City Commissioner
- Community Volunteer
- MPA - Cal. State Long Beach
- BA - Cal. State Fullerton
- 21st century, comprehensive education including arts, music and social studies
- Fiscally Responsible Budgets
- Reduced Class Sizes
- Occupation: Concierge/Instructor
- Anaheim City Commissioner
- Chairman, Anaheim City School District Measure G Bond Oversight Committee
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Master of Arts
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Substitute Teacher, 30-Day Emergency Credentialed
- Move to a more holistic model of learning.
- Bring the District into the 21st Century.
- Make the District more efficient.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.