(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Cecilia "Ceci" Iglesias
- Occupation: Santa Ana Businesswoman/Parent
- Founder of non-profit organization that provides homework assistance to deaf and hard-of-hearing students.
- Orange County social worker serving our community by assisting families in crisis.
- Administered programs that provided temporary assistance while empowering families to become self-sufficient and self-reliant.
- Taught students English and math. Certified in American Sign Language. Proudly taught deaf students.
- Proud product of the Santa Ana Unified School District, Santa Ana College, and Cal State Fullerton.
- Mother of current Santa Ana Unified School District student. Immigrated to the United States (and to Santa Ana) three decades ago.
- Implement "Bring Your Parent to School Day" in all Santa Ana schools. Support partnerships between teachers and parents.
- Provide high-quality schools for all Santa Ana students and ensure all students are prepared for college or the workforce.
- Keep violent criminals away from our children.
- Occupation: Governing Board Member, Santa Ana Unified School District
- President, Santa Ana School Board
- Santa Ana City Councilman, 1990-1998
- Past President, Santa Ana Boys and Girls Club,; Board Member since 1989
- Past President, Santa Ana Kiwanis Club; Member since 1985
- Chairman, Santa Ana High School Centennial Committee
- Vice President, Cambodian Family
Jose Alfredo Hernandez
- Successful record of delivering top quality school facilites, 354 new classrooms in 4 years; 825 renovated classrooms
- Prudent stewardship of school district budget to serve students, teach English, and maintain safe schools
- Steady progress in academic achievement
- Occupation: School Boardmember/Parent
- Lawyer (Santa Ana defense attorney)
- Juris Doctorate, Whittier Law School
- Fellow at Center for Children's Rights, Whittier Law School
- B.A. History, U.C.L.A.
- Graduate of Santa Ana Schools K-12
- 33 year resident of Santa Ana; 3 children attending Santa Ana Schools and 1 son already graduated from Valley High School
- To provide a strong curriculum that ensures our graduates can succeed in college or when they enter the work force
- Work collaboratively with all stakeholders to ensure that as a Board, we always act in the best interest of the children
- Continue to act responsibly to ensure fiscal solvency
- Occupation: Supervising Probation Officer
- Quality education for all students
- Safe school environment
- Expand afterschool programs that include the arts, math, sciences and sports
- Occupation: Social Worker
- Occupation: Customer Service Administrator
- Ensure that our district builds infrastructure which benefits the needs of all students. Not just high achievers.
- Support a balanced budget.
- Make reading, writing & speaking of English a number one priority.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.