(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Governing Board Member, Irvine Unified School District
- MBA from New York University
- BA from Dartmouth College
- President IUSD School Board
- President Sheridan Capital Advisory Inc.
- Currently serving a second term as IUSD Board President, and I've been on the school board for the past 8 years.
- Chair of the Energy Subcommittee, saving IUSD more than $10 million through solar panels and other green initiatives.
- PTA President, Plaza Vista 2004-5
- Occupation: Irvine Educator/Businesswoman
- Educator whose career began as a science instructor in Hong Kong before continuing work in the Irvine Unified School District.
- Irvine Public Schools Foundation Board Member
- Irvine Children's Fund Board Member
- Irvine Unified PTA Council Executive Board Member, PTA President
- Irvine Unified School District Volunteer of the Year
- Married mother of two graduates of the Irvine Unified School District
- Develop more strategic partnerships between Irvine businesses and schools
- Ensure school resource officers continue protecting Irvine's children
- Protect programs that have differentiated Irvine public schools from others while carefully scrutinizing spending to protect your taxpayer dollars
- Occupation: Irvine Businessman/Parent
- Irvine Unified School District Finance Committee Member
- PTA President
- School Site Council Member
- Irvine Public Schools Foundation Legacy Partner
- Harvard admissions interviewer for Irvine students
- Married to Wendy for 20 years; together, we have three children--all current Irvine Unified School District students.
- Retain and attract top teachers. Protect programs that have differentiated Irvine Unified from other districts.
- Provide complete accountability with all taxpayer dollars.
- Ensure the Irvine Unified School District continues to offer a world-class education.
- Occupation: Retired Teacher
- Measure BB (Support Our Schools) Co-Chair
- City of Irvine Child Care Committee & City of Irvine Children Youth Families Advisory Committee
- President, Exchange Club of Irvine
- 40 year career teacher awarded "Teacher of the Year" in 2008
- M.A. Calif. State University, Northridge, Speech
- B.A., U.C.L.A., Speech / English
- Strengthen connections with the City of Irvine, the business community and stake holders
- Focus on maintaining high quality and not accepting decreasing expectations
- Keep the traditions while embracing new ideas
- Occupation: Educator/Scientist/Entrepreneur
- Frontline Educator at various Orange County Community Colleges and School Districts
- Rocket Scientist & Supply Chain Management - Fortune 100 Corp.
- Project Management & Business Development
- President and Chief Financial Officer for 2 Non-Profit Professional Organizations
- Preparing our children to become next generation of innovators
- Keeping Irvine schools World Class
- Controlling the budget & developing strategic partnership with the City of Irvine and Private Business to support existing programs
- Occupation: Deputy District Attorney
- Vice-Chair, Irvine Green Ribbon Environmental Committee
Omar M. Ezzeldine
- Advocate for fully funded schools
- Keep schools safe
- Preserve academic excellence
- Occupation: Educator/Finance Commissioner
- Doctorate in Educational Leadership, UCLA
- Assistant Adjunct Professor, USC's Rossier School of Education
- Irvine Public Schools Foundation, Program Committee (2004-present)
- Vista Verde School Site Council (11-12)
- Orange County Administrator of the Year (2005), Orange County Foreign Language Association
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
Margaret "Margie" Brown
- Stabilize the Irvine Unified School District Budget
- Create a community-wide vision of a district that serves students of a variety of educational goals
- Help Irvine's schools "grow smart" as our district expands to nearly 20,000 students in the next 8 years
- Occupation: Educational Facilities Planner
- BA - Political Science, University of California
- AA - Business Administration, Chaffey College
- State Chair Legislative Committee - Coalition for Adequate School Housing
- State Allocation Board Implementation Committee member
- California Association of School Business Officials - State Committee Facilities Chair
- 20+ years balancing school district budgets
Michelle Ollada Alipio
- Balanced Budgets - Solve Deficit Spending with Zero Based Budgeting
- Focus on Closing the Achievement Gap
- Maintain Academic Excellence
- Occupation: School Nurse/Parent
- A- accountability
- B- best school programs
- C- choice
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.