(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Retired Police Detective
- California Rodeo volunteer, parking, security
- Central Coast Federal Credit Union Board Member
- California International Airshow, President
- Tappin' Dads Founding Member
- Women's Crisis Center, former President
- Bobby Sox Softball, former president
- Prosperity: retaining and promoting business
- Public works: fix sidewalks, potholes, better customer service
- Public safety: expand anti-gang efforts, put officers back on campuses
- Occupation: Councilmember/District Director
- Recipient, Ralph Atkinson Award 2001
- Member, Monterey County Regional Taxi Authority
- Member, Emergency Medical Service Greater Salinas Regional Council
- Member, Monterey Salinas Transit District Board of Directors
- Ex-Officio Member, Salinas United Business Association's (SUBA) Board of Directors
- Alternate Member, Transportation Agency of Monterey County (TAMC) Board of Directors
- Business, Jobs, Education & Training
- Community Service
- Healthcare and Safety
Margaret Serna Bonetti
- Occupation: Real Estate Broker
- Occupation: Community Advocate/Leader
- Salinas Union High School District, Former Trustee
- Masters in Governance-CSBA
- Graduate Salinas Valley Leadership Group
- Graduate, SalinasValley Chamber City Skills
- Measure V After School JPA, Sunrise House, Nutitional Wellness, Special Ed, ROP
- Improve city image for Job Creation- Good F/T Paying Jobs. Create Small Business Incubators and improve business relations.
- Public Stafety and Community & Family Outreach. Re-examine Government grant allocations.
- Budget- infrastructure, fix sidewalks and clean up our city.
- Occupation: General Dentist
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis
- The Californian, in conjunction with the National Steinbeck Center, will host a public candidate's forum on Thursday,October 18 from 6 to 9 p.m. City council candidates will also be participating. Additionally, proponentss and opponents of Measure E, the sales tax iniative will be featured. Journalists from The Californian, El Sol, Fox News Radio 1460-AM, Unavision 67 and KION-46 TV will be quizzing the candidates. The location is at 1 Main Street. For more information, contact Catherine Boswell at 754-4101.
- On Saturday, October 6, 2012 the public can come meet the candidates. Salinas United Business Association (SUBA) along with the Alisal Rotary Club will host a candidates' forum at the Jesse G. Sanchez School multipurpose room, at 901 North Sanborn Road. The moderator is Fidel Soto from Univision television. Each candidate will be asked three questions and time permitting the audience will be given an opportunity to submit written questions. The two hour forum starts at 9 a.m. For questions, contact Jose Martin-Saldana at 796-0896 or email@example.com.
- At 1032 S. Main Street Salinas CA 93901 on Monday, September 24, 2012.
Join the Salinas Taxpayers Association for a non-partisan public candidate forum for those seeking the elected office of Mayor for the City of Salinas.
Each candidate will be offered the chance to introduce themselves and then respond to several questions tied to current events and issues facing the City of Salinas.
The event will be moderated by:
- Jeff Mitchell of the Salinas Californian,
Mark Carbonaro of KION 1460,
Kelly Duffy of KSBW and
Adriana Frederick of Univison.
The event is FREE and will include beverages and snacks.
Monterey County Herald
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.