(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Official Ballot Statement
- Occupation: College Professor
- Mathematics Teaching Credential, California State University, East Bay 2004
- Master's Degree in Economics, University of Florida, 1976
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, University of Florida, 1975
- Vice President, Salomon Brothers, New York City, 1985-1992
- Elected Board Member, Ambrose Recreation and Park District, 2002-2006
- Contra Costa County Library Commissioner, 2004-present
- Work on starting a full 110-acre community college for Far East County, not the proposed 17-acre campus so all students have courses to succeed
- Work to allow any high school student to take CCCCD courses to prepare for college or career. Work to convert student loans into grants for students.
- Take at least one course annually at LMC, DVC or CCC to keep in touch with students, faculty, & staff for better Board decisions
Official Ballot Statement
- Occupation: Education Program Analyst
- I am a graduate of the University of the Pacific in Stockton, CA. I also hold Associate Degrees from Los Medanos and Diablo Valley Colleges
- At Los Medanos I was Student President and served on the Shared Governance Council, working with the Administration and Board of Trustees
- Served on Student Senate for California Community Colleges, representing our region
- Contra Costa County Economic Opportunity Council-Currently
- Pittsburg Community Development Block Grant Sub-Committee-Currently
- Pittsburg Unified School District Bond Oversight Committee-Currently
Daniel L. Borsuk
- Save Parents and Students thousands of dollars by instituting a Digital Textbook Program (e-books)
- Increase funding streams for reduced fee programs
- Partner with Business to bring resources to the College so we can expand much needed Career Technical Education Classes
- Occupation: Editor
- Bachelor of Science, University of Oregon
- Served on Contra Costa County Board of Eduction - 1990-2010
- County Delegate to California School Boards Association Delegate Assembly
- Editor/publisher of California Education News
- Writing instructor at City College of San Francisco, 1979-1984
- Assure all taxpayers that the CCCD will provide quality academic and vocational programs
- Seek new funding sources to reduce student fees
- Identify and obtain new sources of non-profit grants to increase the support of CCCCD academic/vocational courses and the graduation/transfer rate
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis
- Contra Costa Community College District
- Contra Costa Times, October 3
- (second part of article)
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.