- Proposition 30
Temporary Taxes to Fund Education. Guaranteed Local Public Safety Funding
55.3% Yes votes ......
44.7% No votes
- Should the California Constitution be amended to (a) temporarily increase sales and personal income tax rates; (b) guarantee certain revenue transfers to local governments; and (c) eliminate state funding of certain mandates to local governments?
- Proposition 31
State Budget. State and Local Government
39.5% Yes votes ......
60.5% No votes
- Should the state constitution and law be amended to require government performance reviews and two-year budget cycles, to prohibit the Legislature from creating certain expenditures unless offsetting revenues or spending cuts are identified, and to make changes in certain responsibilities of local governament, the Legislature and the Governor?
- Proposition 32
Political Contributions by Payroll Deduction. Contributions to Candidates
43.4% Yes votes ......
56.6% No votes
- Should unions, corporations, government contractors and state and local government employers be prohibited from using payroll-deducted funds, or in some instances their own funds, for political expenditures?
- Proposition 33
Auto Insurance Companies. Prices Based on Driver's History of Insurance Coverage
45.1% Yes votes ......
54.9% No votes
- Should automobile insurance companies be permitted to offer a discount to drivers who have continuously maintained their insurance coverage, even if they change their insurance company?
- Proposition 34
48.0% Yes votes ......
52.0% No votes
- Should the death penalty be repealed and replaced with life imprisonment without possibility of parole when someone is convicted of murder with specified special circumstances?
- Proposition 35
Human Trafficking. Penalties
81.4% Yes votes ......
18.6% No votes
- Should the definition of human trafficking be expanded, penalties for traffickers be increased, convicted sexual traffickers be required to register as sex offenders, and additional training for law enforcement officers be required?
- Proposition 36
Three Strikes Law. Repeat Felony Offenders. Penalties
69.3% Yes votes ......
30.7% No votes
- Should California law be amended to provide that a life sentence should not be imposed for a third felony conviction unless the third conviction is for a serious or violent felony?
- Proposition 37
Genetically Engineered Foods. Labeling
48.5% Yes votes ......
51.5% No votes
- Should labeling be required on foods containing genetically modified ingredients when such foods (whether raw or processed, plant or animal) are offered for sale to consumers in California?
- Proposition 38
Tax to Fund Education and Early Childhood Programs
28.7% Yes votes ......
71.3% No votes
- Should California's personal income tax rates be increased during 2013-24 to provide funds for public schools, early childhood education programs, and state debt payments?
- Proposition 39
Tax Treatment for Multistate Businesses. Clean Energy and Energy Efficiency Funding
61.0% Yes votes ......
39.0% No votes
- Should the California tax code be changed to require multistate firms to pay income taxes based on a percentage of their sales in California, with roughly half of the resulting tax increase to be used to fund clean/efficient energy projects for five years?
- Proposition 40
Redistricting. State Senate Districts
71.9% Yes votes ......
28.1% No votes
- Should the current state Senate districts be retained?