(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
J. Michael McCormick
- Occupation: City of Alameda Healthcare District Director
- Adjunct Instructor American History
- 25 year owner of computer technology company
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of American History
- Father and Grand father
- Husband of former Assemblywoman and now Alameda Supervisor Wilma Chan
- Keep the Hospital open by managing costs, looking for niche opportunities, and seeking partnerships that maintain our mission.
- Work with management on a plan and revenue stream to meet state's seismic requirements.
- Maintain fair working conditions and wages for nurses and other staff before increasing salaries and benefits to managers.
- Occupation: Incumbent
- President, City of Alameda Healthcare District Board
- Healthcare consultant
- Ensure safe, high quality healthcare for Alameda residents and visitors
- Provide effective stewardship of healthcare district resources
- Occupation: Senior Services Analyst
- Secretary of the Board - Alameda County Community Food Bank
- Led the adoption of the first school Wellness Policy to improve student nutrition and encourage physical activity.
- Led the adoption of the first lessons to address bullying in elementary grades and ensure respect for Alameda's diverse families.
- As the Oakland Senior Services Administrator I managed a $2 million budget and 4 senior centers.
- Board member - Alameda Soccer Club
- Degrees: MBA and MPH, Emory University; B.S. - Public Administration, California State University East Bay
Leland Blandón Traiman
- Alameda Hospital must continue to provide necessary urgent and emergency care to residents
- Alameda residents should be directly involved in any decisions to add or eliminate services
- To be effective Health Care District Board members must demonstrate respect for differing opinions, and challenge administrators to constantly improve
- Occupation: Nurse/Legal Consultant
- Registered Nurse-University of California, San Francisco-Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Family Nurse Practitioner - Stanford Medical School, Primary Care Associate Program
- Drafted the Library Relief Act of 1980, the first square footage tax to circumvent Prop 13 restrictions.
- Helped draft successful legislation for two current members of the California Legislature.
- Boards/commissions: ACLU Board, Budget Review Commission, Library Board, Alameda County Democratic Committee, Domestic Partner Task Force
- Director and owner of private medical fertility practice.
- Make sure future state and county mandates for safety are addressed in a timely manner.
- Enact a policy to prevent conflict of interest.
- Insure emergency services are safe and brought up to 21st Century standards.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of Alameda has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on the issues
- Date: Thursday, October 25
Time: 7 - 8:30 PM
Place: Mastick Senior Center, 1155 Santa Clara Avenue
Co-Sponsors: LWV Alameda and AAUW
The public is invited to attend and submit written questions for the candidates.
The forum will be videotaped, and the video posted for later viewing.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.