(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: School Boardmember/Parent
- U.C. Berkeley Bachelor of Arts (Sociology). U.C. Irvine, Paralegal Certificate. Law degree, Western State University (Juris Doctorate)
- Educator - Substitute teacher in almost all AUSD schools, including English Language Learners & Special Needs
- Committted Volunteer-Alameda PTA Council Pres. 2006-08; volunteer where there is need, not just my childen's schools
- Save Our Music; Kids Chalk Art Project; Garden Grants; Alameda County Youth Planning Panel
- My 4 children attended: WCDC, Head Start, Otis, Earhart, Lincoln, Alameda High, Encinal, & ACLC
- One daughter just graduated from UC Santa Cruz, Computer Science/English double major; French minor. Twins now attend COA & Harvard University.
- Quality education for every child. Smaller classes; diverse courses: music, art; languages, STEM, advanced placement, career-technical & vocational.
- Fiscal responsibility. Transparency. Collaboration.
- "Kids First" - Every Board decision must go to providing quality education for all children & be fiscally responsible, so that we put "kids first."
- Occupation: Retired Social Worker
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Master of Arts - Special Education
- Master of Arts - School Administration
- City of Alameda Commission on Disabilities Issues
- Alamed Red Cross 2008 Community Service Award
- The San Francisco Foundation 2002 Daniel E. Koshland Civic Unity Award
- Coro Northern California Fellow
Jon G. Murphy
- Maintain a balanced budget and be proactive about securing adequate funding for our children.
- Implement the goals and strategies of the AUSD Master Plan
- Implement the AUSD Instructional Initiatives to support our teachers.
- Occupation: Instructor/ Nurse Practitioner
- Ed.D. Doctorate in Educational Leadership 2012
- Masters of Science in Nursing 1996 SSU
- BA in Diversified Liberal Arts
- Associate of Science Degree in Nursing
- Grad # 3 in Class in an Alameda High School
Michael J. "Mike" Robles-Wong
- Pay Increase for Teachers
- Occupation: Retired Business Manager
- Chairperson, Measure A parcel tax campaign
- Past President, Community of Harbor Bay Isle
- Past President, Alameda Civil Service Board
- Lead plaintiff family, educational funding lawsuit
- Signatory, Protect the Parks Initiative
- Past President, NorCal Asian Peace Officers Assoc.
- Find collaborative solutions with our teachers to make all schools high achievers.
- Develop a long-term schools facilities plan that Alamedans can afford.
- Work in close partnership with the city and community to find mutually beneficial solutions.
- Occupation: Parent/Businessman
- PTA Leader, Public Education Advocate
- Alameda Education Foundation, Board Member
- KASE - YES on H, Treasurer
- Measure A (2001 & 2005) Co-Chair
- Parent of an elementary, middle and high school student
- Increasing Rigor, Accountability and implementing the Master Plan
- Advocate continually for fair funding and fiscal responsibility
- Excellent education at all schools using resources equitably
- Occupation: Parent/ Businessman
- BA EECS from UC Berkeley
- 20 years Sales and Management at Sun Microsystems
- 10 years Software Management and Sales Digital Equipment Corp
- Chaired Boys and Girls Club Annual Auction Gala
- PTA Council President, Former Bay Farm School PTA President
- HOA Board Member in Community of Harbor Bay
Robert W. Mann
- Restore Community Trust.
- Ensure Fiscal Responsibility.
- Provide equity and diversity of education for all students across Alameda.
- Occupation: Parent/ Attorney
- Occupation: Businessman
- B/A Mass Communications
- 35 years of Sales Management business experience
- 35 year resident of Alameda
- Married with two grown sons who attended Alameda public schools K-12
- 10 year Member of the Alameda Point Restoration Advisory Board (oversee Navy clean-up projects)
- Member of the City of Alameda Open Government Commission (oversee the compliance of the City's Sunshine Ordinance)
- Make sure Alameda remains the "Gem of the East Bay"
- Elect officials who answer to the public's concerns
- Work honestly and openly for the betterment of all Alameda residents
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of Alameda has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on the issues
- Date: Thursday, October 18
Time: 7 - 8:30 PM
Place: Mastick Senior Center, 1155 Santa Clara Avenue
Co-Sponsors: LWV Alameda and AAUW
The public is invited to attend and submit written questions for the candidates.
The forum will be videotaped, and the video posted for later viewing.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.