First ranked choice applies (details)
(1 Elected, Rank Your Choices)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: San Leandro City Councilmember
- Resident for more than 35 years
- Retired EBMUD water analyst
Hermy B. Almonte
- Take the lead in making public safety a priority and keeping our neighborhoods safe
- Bringing new business to our city and partnering with our schools for educational excellence
- Taking care of our seniors and continuing on the path to fiscal stability
- Occupation: Trustee, Board of Education, San Leandro Unified School District
- Vice-President, Board of Education, San Leandro Unified School District
- Chairman, Eden Area Regional Occupational Program (ROP}
- Board Member, Asian Community Cultural Association of San Leandro
- Project Manager, Lions Club of San Leandro
- Zone Chairman, Lions District 4-C3
- Lector & Eucharistic Minister, Our Lady of Good Counsel Church
- Pension Reform: The city is spending $13 million annually or nearly 20% of city revenue on employee pensions.
- Public Safety: There is an average of two burglaries a day. We need to hire more police officers.
- Marina Development : Any development plan must ensure full public access to the shoreline and safeguard the environment
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis
- Date: Tuesday, September 25
Time: 7 - 9 PM
Place: Marina Community Center, San Leandro
Sponsor: LWV Eden Area with San Leandro Chamber of Commerce - the public is invited to attend and submit written questions for the candidates
The Daily Review
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.