First ranked choice applies (details)
(1 Elected, Rank Your Choices)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Oakland City Attorney
- Over 35 Years as an Attorney and Manager of a Large Public Agency
- Chief Assistant City Attorney, 2000-2011
- Attorney/Supervising Attorney in the City Attorney's Office, Labor and Employment Unit, 1991-2000
- Former Assistant U.S. Attorney, Representing the U.S. in Complex Federal Litigation
- Former Member, State Judicial Council, Overseeing the State Court System
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 1975
- Protecting Public Safety
- Maintaining a Professional City Attorney's Office
- Fiscal Responsibility and Protecting Taxpayer Dollars
- Occupation: Attorney/Councilmember
- Practicing Civil Rights and Labor Attorney for over 20 years
- Oakland City Councilmember for over 15 years
- JD from the University of California Hastings College of the Law
- City of Oakland Representative to the Association of Bay Area Governments
- Negotiations leader for the Oakland Army Base Development which will produce over 4,800 jobs and $1 billion in revenue for Oakland over 10 years
- Initiator of the Oakland Business Assistance Center, used by over 4,800 businesses
- Cut Waste: Cut the cost of the City Attorney's Office, saving Oakland's budget millions per year
- Improve Efficiency: Limit the use of outside attorneys, increase staff productivity, settle lawsuits only when appropriate and litigate when necessary
- Take an Activist Approach: Address senior abuse, predatory lending, foreclosures, workers' rights, and unnecessary business regulations
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of Oakland has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
2 questions on the issues
League of Women Voters
News and Analysis
East Bay Express
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.