(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Registered Nurse/Realtor
- BS Nursing, Ohio State U. 1978
- MA Psychology, University for Humanistic Studies 1982
- Past President, Citizens for Global Solutions, CA Region
- Job creation and economic growth
- Environmental protections and sustainable energy policies.
- Heath care as a human right, including women's reproductive rights and freedom to make heath care decisions without government interference.
- Occupation: Retired Attorney
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, UC Santa Barbara
- Juris Doctor, UCLA Law School
- Founding member, Santa Barbara Legal Collective
- Civil rights/social justice attorney, Los Angeles area
- Founder, North County Forum
- Past President, Palomar Unitarian-Universalist Fellowship, Vista
Albin dennis "Al" Novinec
- Reform election finance rules to end the corporate takeover of the federal government
- End the wars and rebuild America. Bring our troops home now.
- Stimulate employment growth using funds from cutting back the military
- Occupation: Realtor
- Retired Marine
- Bachelors in Criminal Justice
- Masters in Management
- Masters IP HRM
- Masters IP Forensic Science
- Numerous Military awards
- Fix the housing market
- Bring back jobs
- Work to save social security and improve medicare
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of California Education Fund has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
5 questions on Economy, Budget, Energy, Health care, and Campaign financing.
New Districts for 2012!
U.S. House of Representatives
Campaign Finance Data
- About the Candidates
- Browse the page to find the line(s) for US House 49. Then find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
News and Analysis
- Key Votes in Congress
- Enter your zip to see your representatives. Click on the person's name to see how your Congressional Representative voted on many key issues.
- See the candidates, issues, and results from previous elections:
3/2/04, 11/5/02, 11/7/00, 3/7/00,
- All links open in new window
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.