Runoff Election 11/06/2012
(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Retired San Mateo County Clerk
- Chief Elections Officer & Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder, San Mateo County
- Vietnam Veteran, election observer in Albania
- Past President of Redwood Shores Rotary & Mid-Peninsula Boys & Girls Club
- Received the Charlene Silva Outstanding Leadership Award as well as the Ralph Kleps award for court innovation
- 30 year resident of Redwood City and married to Maria-Diaz-Slocum. Two sons, Jonathan and Justin. One Goldendoodle, Crockett
- Prior experience in health care and criminal justice system
- Judiciously manage the county budget
- Ensure public safety
- Attract and retain quality, living wage jobs
- Occupation: School Trustee/Mother
- Redwood City School Board Member
- Non-Profit Executive with a Masters in Public Health
- San Mateo County School Board Association Immediate Past President
- California School Boards Association Delegate Assembly Member
- Peninsula Partnership Leadership Council Steering Committee
- Grand Boulevard Initiative Community Leaders Roundtable
- Ensure fiscal responsibility by increasing government efficiency and making necessary cuts to balance the budget while protecting vital services
- Create local jobs and stimulating economic development by working to attract small business, including green and biotech companies
- Protect our children, youth and families by supporting children's health services, improved public education, and quality preschools
- Occupation: Mayor, Menlo Park/Attorney
- Service League of San Mateo County, Board Member
- San Mateo County Citizens Academy, Class of 2003
- San Mateo County Commission on the Status of Women, Past President
- San Mateo County Legal Aid Society, Fundraising Committee Member
- CORA (battered women's service agency) Advisory Board Member
- Third-generation San Mateo County resident
- Promoting job growth and economic development
- Balancing the budget while protecting vital services
- Addressing regional housing and transportation needs
- Occupation: Councilmember/ Economic Development and Land Use Consultant
- 2011 Mayor, City of East Palo Alto
- Executive Director, Mission Housing Development Corporation (housing and economic development)
- Housing Developer, Mercy Housing
- Loeb Fellow, Harvard Graduate School of Design
- Fannie Mae Fellow, Harvard Kennedy School of Government
- Stanford University, Undergraduate studies in Economics and Int'l Relations
- Balance the Budget: We must collaboratively address our structural deficit with all stakeholders at the table making tough and transparent decisions.
- Economic Development: With the devastating demise of Redevelopment Agencies, we must create an economic development fund for cities to access.
- Pension Reform: I will fight for reform ensuring a sound and fair financial future for both our residents and our County employees.
- Occupation: Trustee San Mateo County Board of Education
- 23-year career as local insurance broker
- Board member, Redwood City/San Mateo County Chamber of Commerce
- Co-Chair, Latino Leadership Council San Mateo Co.
- Member, Supervisory Committee San Mateo Credit Union
- Member, Sequoia Hospital Foundation
Andy M. Cohen
- Economic development
- Public Safety
- Occupation: Council Member Menlo Park
- Presiding Judge of San Jose Workers' Compensation Judge Appeals Board
- Attorney at the Law Offices of Andrew M. Cohen
- Stanford Law School, JD
- Dartmouth College, BA Economics
Ernesto "Ernie" Schmidt
- Fiscal Responsability
- Occupation: Vice-Chairman Planning Commissioner
- Tesla Motors Inc.
- Redwood City Climate Advisory Commitee
- Chairman, Roosevelt Neighborhood Assoc.
- Board member Latino Community Council of Redwood City
- Board Member Latino Leadership Council of San Mateo County
- Economic Development
- Job Growth
- Affordable Housing
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- Candidates' Forum
Thursday, May 3rd
- 7 pm
- Menlo Park City Council Chambers
701 Laurel, Menlo Park
- Moderated by the League of Women Voters of South San Mateo County
- Video of the forum:
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.