(Vote for 14)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: President, Board of Supervisors
- Member, Democratic Central Committee
- Chair, 13th Assembly District Democratic Committee
- Officer, CA Democratic Party Asian American Caucus
- Democratic Counsel, U.S. Senate Constitution Subcommittee.
- Former civil rights attorney and criminal prosecutor
- Co-Founder, technology small business
- Ensuring that the San Francisco Democratic Party continues to take positions that reflect our city's shared values.
- Working to reach out and truly include all diverse communities into the Democratic Party
- Registering Democratic voters, particularly in the Asian-American community
- Occupation: Member, San Francisco Board of Supervisors
- Commissioner, Metropolitan Transportation Commission
- Vice Chair, San Francisco County Transportation Authority
- Chairman, San Francisco Democratic Party (2006-2008)
- Co-Chair, Alice B. Toklas LGBT Democratic Club (2005-2006
- Deputy City Attorney (2002-2011)
- Harvard Law School (1996), Duke University (1992)
- Building and maintaining our infrastructure, particularly our transit infrastructure
- Producing housing affordable to our middle class
- Strengthening our social safety net, including protecting HIV/AIDS funding
- Occupation: State Senator (Ret.), Self Employed Consultant
- CA State Commisioner 2009-2011
- CA State Assemblymember, 13th AD (SF) 1996-2002
- San Francisco County Supervisor 1991-1996
- DCCC member 1982-1990, Chair 1984-1990, currently incumbant
- Former Endorsement Chair National Women's Caucus
- Longtime member and endorsed candidate of the SF Women'sPolitical Committee
Leslie Rachel Katz
- To increase voter registration among young voters and new citizens
- To champion greater community access to the DCCC
- To train and mentor women for a career in politics
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Former SF County Supervisor
- Member of SF Port Commission
- Former City College Trustee
- Clean Tech consultant
- Enhance voter registration and education
- Engage more voters to participate in the process
- Increase voter turnout and bring back permanent precinct captain program
- Occupation: District 10 Supervisor
- Vice Chair of the Land Use and Economic Development Committee
- Member of the Budget and Finance Committee
- Member of the Transportation Authority
- Member of the Association of Bay Area Governments
- Member of the Joint Powers Board
- M.S. in Public Policy and Management from Carnegie Mellon University
Alix Amelia Rosenthal
- Promoting local economic growth by supporting small businesses, continuing to support workforce and commercial corridor investments
- Advocate for additional investment in our City's healthcare network, especially to ensure that our City's universal healthcare program expands
- Implement community policing strategies and look for new innovate approaches to address our City's public safety challenges
- Occupation: Small Business Owner
- Served 22 years in the U.S. Navy both on active duty and in the reserves
- Retired in 2007 as a Commander and holds the distinction of serving her country as the only openly gay member of the U.S. military for 13 years
- Governing Board for Servicemembers Legal Defense Network, a non-profit dedicated to providing legal services to those affected by Don't Ask Don't Tell
- Serves on Senator Boxer's Service Academy Advisory Committee
- Member of the Executive Committee of the California Democratic Party LGBT Caucus
- Resides in San Francisco with her wife, Pam
Justin Morgan, M.D.
- Budget Crisis
- Public Education
- Ensuring fair and equal treatment for all citizens
- Occupation: Family Medicine Doctor
- Primary Care Physician, San Francisco Department of Public Health
- President, The John Hale Medical Society and Foundation
- Board Member, Black Coalition on AIDS
- Clinical Instructor, UC Davis, UC San Francisco
- Volunteer, Street Outreach Services
- Community activist and youth mentor
Gabriel Robert Haaland
Jamie Rafaela Wolfe
Christopher R. Vasquez
Maria "Marily" Mondejar
- Getting Democrats elected to local, state and national office.
- Expanding the diversity of Democratic Party leadership and membership.
- Working to improve life for middle and working class people and families.
- Occupation: Non-profit Executive Director
- Member, San Francisco Redistricting Task Force
- President, Filipina Women's Network
- President, Friends of the San Francisco Commission on the Status of Women
- Executive Board Member, Leadership California
- Award for Excellence in Civil Rights from California State Assembly and Asian Pacific Islander Joint Legislative Caucus
- KQED Local Hero for Women's History Month 2012
Calvin Y. Louie
Stuart M. "Stu" Smith
- Targeted Democratic recruitment and voter education: new immigrants, women of color and LGBT youth need a voice at DCCC.
- Bring DCCC to the neighborhoods: As a member of the SF Redistricting Task Force, I have experienced first-hand the power of community participation.
- Bring disparate groups together at DCCC: Focus on the party's core democratic values and the issues that bring the common good to its members.
- Occupation: Community Leader/Activist
- Board Chair - Shanti Project
- Board Chair - Paratransit Coordinating Council
- Board - Castro Country Club
- Adjudicator - Neighborhood Courts
- Columnist - Bay Times
- Producer/Host - Public Access Television Show
Vincent S. Calvarese
- Transit First
- Affordable Housing
- Public Education
- Occupation: Small Business Owner
- BA at the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee
- Early Childhood certificate from City College in San Francisco
- Preliminary Special Education Certificate at the San Francisco State University
- President of Alliance for Better District 6
- Central City Democrats
- United States Marine Corps
- Labor Rights
- Human Rights and Equality
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.