Runoff Election 11/06/2012
(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Attorney/Arbitrator
- I am the only candidate who has experience as a Judge Pro Tem,
- has trial experience in both Criminal and Civil Trial as well as Family Law experience,
- and has trial experience in both State and Federal Courts.
- I am a true local candidate, my family has been in San Diego for 80 years, I am a San Diego State Alumni (Business degree) and Thomas Jefferson School
- of Law (Juris Doctorate degree). I am married and the father of 4. Please see my full credentials on my website: http://www.jimmillerforjudge.com
Robert O Amador
- Violent Criminals and Sexual Predators will punished to the full extent of the law. Weak plea bargains from the DA's office will not be accepted.
- Both sides in Civil and Family Law cases will be heard. Everyone will have their day in court.
- Frivolous lawsuits/lawsuit abuse will not be tolerated in my court. The courts serve the people, not vice versa.
- Occupation: Deputy District Attorney
- I am a veteran Deputy District Attorney with more than 29 years of experience as a prosecutor in the San Diego County District Attorney's Office.
- I have real trial experience with over 100 jury trials and over 250 juvenile trials. I tried my first murder case in 1986 and completed a capital case
- in 2008. That defendant now sits on death row. I have protected the citizens of San Diego from dangerous felons, gang members, drug dealers and
- other criminals. I graduated from the University of San Diego School of Law in 1982. I have taught law enforcment and prosecutors for over 15 years.
- I ran the J.U.D.G.E. task force for 12 years. I have been married for 34 years and have raised my two children and two foster children.
- Visit my website at http://www.amadorforjudge.com to read more and to see a full list of endorsements
George F. Schaefer
- Protecting the citizens of San Diego from criminals has been and will be my priority. Victim's rights will receive the highest priority
- Maintaining the integrity of all court proceedings so that justice can be achieved in all types of proceedings for all participants
- Courtroom efficiency must be given a high priority.
- Occupation: Deputy City Attorney
- Former District Attorney
- Past President, Deputy City Attorneys Association of San Diego
- Member, San Diego County Bar Association's Appellate Court Committee
- Member, San Diego County Bar Association's Labor and Employment Section
- 112 Jury Trials
- BA in Political Science with Honors; JD
- Supports a Strong, Independent Judiciary
- Supports Protecting the Rights of Citizens to Equal and Impartial Justice
- Supports Safeguarding the Right of Citizens to Their Day in Court
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- Superior Court organization, County of San Diego
News and Analysis
- San Diego County Bar Association Judicial Evaluations
- San Diego County Bar Association Ratings for Judicial Candidates in the June Primary Election
UT San Diego
East County Magazine
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.