(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Community College Professor
- DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY in Comparative Literature at UC Riverside & MASTER OF ARTS DEGREES in Humanities at CSU Dominguez Hills and in TESOL at USIU
- BACHELOR OF ARTS DEGREES in English Literature and Psychology with Sociology minor at SDSU
- CERTIFICADO BASICO Spanish at Universidad de Zaragoza, Spain
- TENURED FACULTY + PROFESSOR at Cuyamaca Community College, El Cajon (Fall 1993 - present)
- Born and raised in the South Bay * Son will be attending public school in the district * Experience on college budgetary and fiscal resource committe
- Participation on K-12 to college transition committees * Involvement with basic skills and student achievement committee
Jerry R. Rindone
- Ensuring students have the best educators and the best educational experiences to help them reach their goals
- Finding innovative ways to help schools close the achievement gap
- Making sure pathways for career technical training or higher education are open for all students
- Occupation: Board Member, San Diego County Board of Education
- Bachelors and Masters Degrees from San Diego State University
- Lifelong educator, Teacher, High School Principal, Principal of the Year, Outstanding Administrator of the Year, 2002, 2006
- Former Chula Vista City Councilmember, Deputy Mayor
- Vice-Chairman of the Metropolitan Transit System, Chairman of the MTS Budget Development Committee
- President-Elect of the Chula Vista Chamber of Commerce, 2012, President-Elect Laurels for Leaders Scholarship Foundation 2012
- Principal of School named California Distinguished High School, 2005
- Secure adequate funding for our classrooms, making sure taxpayers' money is responsibly allocated
- Ensure the best learning environment possible for our children by improving public safety, Raised over $35,000 for Academic Decathlon
- Close the achievement gap between students of diverse backgrounds
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- San Diego County Board of Education
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.