(Vote for 3)
All candidates are welcome to post their campaign information on SmartVoter.org. Any candidate who has not yet received an invitation should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and include a viable phone number.
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Teacher On Special Assignment-Tri-Cities ROP/ Registered Dental Hygienist/Local Business Owner
- University of Missouri at Kansas City-B.S. Dental Hygiene; USC-Master of Leadership
- Currently serving as Mayor; have served on the Whittier City Council for the past 8 years
- Director-Los Angeles County Sanitation District; Member of SCAG's Community, Economic & Human Development Policy Committee
- Previously member of the East Whittier School District Governing Board, the Whittier Union High School District Governing Board, TCROP Governing Board
- Previously served as President, Friendly Hills Property Owners Association
- Provide for appropriate Public Safety
- Proactive Economic Development & Maintain City Infrastructure
- Closely Monitor Mitigation Measures and Conditional Use Permit Items for Mineral Extraction Project
- Public Safety
- Economic Growth/Fiscal Responsibility
- Maintaining Whittier's Values
Lupe (Sahagun) Garcia
- Protecting Families
- Promoting Prosperity
- Preserving Values
- Occupation: Businessowner/Lab Technichian
- Administrator; Adult Residential Facility for the Developmentally Disabled Adults
- Registered Dental Assistant
- Sierra Club Member
- Docent and Trail Watch Volunteer for the Habitat Authority
- Friends of the Whittier Hills, Board Member
- Whittier Hills Oil Watch, Active Member
- Protecting the Working Families of Whittier
- Business/Development mix that benefits residents first
- Vigilant protection of our parks and open spaces
- Occupation: Project Manager
- Business and Engineering Experience with knowledge of budgeting and infrastructure planning
- UCLA Extension Certificate in Gardening and Horticulture
- Married with two young sons in our local schools
- Past Boardmember, Friendly Hills Property Owners Association
- YMCA Youth Sports Coach
Jonathan Rex Bartuzik
- Recruit Business to increase the City's tax base
- Revitalize and Improve Uptown
- Stop the flawed Matrix Oil project
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of Whittier has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
2 questions on Local Revenue and Affordable Housing.
News and Analysis
- City of Whittier
- Google News Search
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.